Party???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Party????

My husband wants to throw a bond fire and peanut boil Saturday night after we leave his sisters wedding. It serves two purposes one to boil peanuts and have fun. And two to spend time with our friends since I will be out of circulation for a while. We usually do this about once a month but its been hard to get everyone together. Well Saturday is the night. We usually drink a little beer and eat alot of peanuts. My surgery is set for Wed. I think it would be okay just to have 2 or 3 drinks. I wouldn't get plowed this close to surgery. I forgot to ask my dr while I was there however I feel silly calling just to ask about drinking this weekend. What do you ladies think. I wont be drinking hard liquor just some beer. I have entertained not drinking at all. I think everyone would understand but I would like to kick back a little before surgery. What do you think. Should I stay dry or would it be okay to party just a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Party????

Sounds like a plan!!!
Just have a good time doesn't sound like your planning to overdo it and it will be a good distraction...Have a great time!!!!!!
Wendygai
Unread 10-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Party????

I had my 20- year class reunion Saturday night, and drank several beers - my surgery is tomorrow (10/12) and it didn't even occur to me that I shouldn't have had any! I say go for it!

Clem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Party????

I wish I could come! What's a peanut boil?
I think I figured out what "getting plowed" means, I like the expession.
Having fun is a good idea anytime, eh?!!
Hangovers aren't fun though......but it sounds like you don't need alcohol to have a great time!
Our surgeries are the same day.
Sandy
Unread 10-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Party????

Oh Sandy! You need to come south, honey and experience the great southern delicacy...boiled peanuts! Of course, you either love them, or hate them. Most southerners love them. My family ALWAYS brakes for a peanut stand! Green peanuts are boiled in salty water until nice and soft. You then crack open the shell and eat the soft nuts. You can get them canned, but nothing beats fresh out of the fire. My husband's aunt loves them, but she lives in Iowa. When we went to visit we took her about ten pounds of raw peanuts and a good supply of the canned ones. Her husband kept making comments, but her son dug right in with the rest of us!

Bama Belle, I doubt the few beers will hurt, and I know a good distraction sure helped me face the surgery easier. Go for it! Have a great time! (can you send me some peanuts? Atlanta isn't too far...)
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Party????

I can't wait. I am so ready to have a good time. Monet I would be more than happy to send you some however. My husband has invited alot more people than we anticipated so can't say there will be any left. Plus my hubby wants to send some to his folks. And I told my dad I would save him some. He wanted to come but my mom has to work and they live in florida. So he is coming to visit me at the castle. I love it when my daddy checks in on me. I told him I would bring some with me and he could pick them up. I am having a really bad day today. My cramps are so bad and I am out of pain meds. And hubby doesn't get paid again till thursday so I am going to have to tough it out. Hope everyone has a good day
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Party????

Go have some fun...LOL

sharon
sassypickles
Unread 10-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Party????

Hi, I had two parties the weekend before my surgery and I drank at both of them (surgery was on Tuesday). I didn't get totally polluted, but I definitely had a few glasses of red wine!

I asked my doctor about this and he said it was no problem, so don't worry and have a great time!

Unread 10-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Party????

'Peanut boil' and a trip south have been added to my things to do list- before I die. I have never even seen a raw peanut. I didn't realize they were green. I've only ever seen the brown roasted ones. I do love peanuts, my whole family is 'nuts' about them.

I have a problem with taking meds so usually tough it out. This is by no means heroic, just stupid and maybe a little dysfunctional.
Anyway have you ever tried a hotwater bottle? Mine is my best friend sometimes, it seems to relieve the pain somewhat and gives comfort.
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Party????

I LOVE boiled peanuts!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register