bleeding 2 years post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding 2 years post-op bleeding 2 years post-op

Unread 10-13-2004, 05:26 PM
bleeding 2 years post-op

I had surgery 2 years ago to remove my ovaries which I had kept after my hyster 11 years ago. They thought they were cancerous but fortunately they weren't. Scary times. Now however I have been having some vaginal bleeding off and on for the last week. Today it is heavier. I know I will have to call my Dr but how could it be anything to worry about! But I am worried. Anyone have this happen and have it be nothing to worry about? It will probably be a week or so before I can be seen and I know I will be a wreak. I have been having problems with TIA's and don't need something else to worry about.

Thanks for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2004, 08:29 PM
bleeding 2 years post-op

I ((((sweetie))))) I'm so sorry you're dealing with this issue so long after you latest surgery While it is likely that you're dealing with something that is not serious, I still think it's important to call your doctor and to explain what is happening. Considering that this has been going on for over a week now and that the symptoms are getting worst, your doctor may want to get you in sooner than later. In these things, it's always best to err on the side of caution.

Sending tons of s your way. Please be sure to keep us posted.
Unread 10-14-2004, 10:17 AM
I wonder if it is from my bladder surgery?

I had bladder taping 2 years ago also and after reading some of the bladder board I wonder if this could have something to do with that. I feel silly since I am a nurse but I never did find out if they removed my cervix completely after my surgery when I had my hyster or not I still haven't called the DR. I am just really tired of seeing Dr's lately. It seems I am going to a Dr at least every 2 weeks between the neuro dr, the pain clinic dr, the allergist dr. I just want to be normal again and not have any problems or complaints for at least 1 month! But that is just me whining and I will probably make an appointment for yet another round of embarrassing tests that I can't afford. Sigh. The great news is after my stroke scare I finally quit smoking and it has been 1 month and 14 days since I had a cigarette.

Julia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2004, 08:21 PM
bleeding 2 years post-op

((((Julia))))) Congrats on quitting smoking I know just how hard that is.

((((Sweetie)))) Please be sure to give your doctor a call and to explain what is going on: Whether the bleeding is caused by your bladder, any remaining cervical tissue or ????, it needs to be addressed. And, believe me, I can really empathize with you: I want my life back too!!!

Sending tons of s your way. Please, do call and let us know how you're doing.
Unread 10-17-2004, 09:24 PM
bleeding 2 years post-op

I just had this last week. Mine was immediately following intercourse. I went to the doc and it was granulation, which can apparently happen even this far out. A friend of mine had granulation 6 years post hyster.

Might that be it? Its pretty common apparently, and very easily treated.

For those of you who have had it, how long does the discharge last after the silver nitrate?

Big s,
Jess
Unread 10-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks

I will be calling my Dr today. I hope to be able to see the GYN Dr. I saw 2 years ago but will have to check with my insurance. I have been having cramps. Gosh I never thought I would be feeling these again. Maybe it all grew back Just another paving brick on the road of life. Thanks for all your support.

Julia
Unread 11-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Dr Appointment

I have finally made a Doctors appointment for the bleeding. I can't get in until next month so hopefully it isn't something serious. I am starting to wonder if I may be rejecting the tape from my bladder suspension surgery. 2 years post op does seem rather long but its possible. I will be seeing my Gyn Dr. which is good. I really liked her. The bleeding has gotten slightly worse and I am actually starting to feel like I'm alittle anemic so I may have to get some iron pills to perk me up. So anyway, thats my update. No news is no news for now.

Julia
Unread 11-09-2004, 07:00 PM
HI

HiJulia,
I can't believe they are making you wait an entire month to see a DR!!! Surely they must keep some appt. open for emergencies?? Did you tell the person that answered the phone that you are BLEEDING, and feel that you may be anemic?? I would thing this is an emergency and they could fit you in somewhere!!! This is why I get soooo very frustrated with DR's.
Good Luck, and please call them back and be pushy!!!!
Unread 11-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Miss the good old days.

I have noticed that is really hard to get a quick appointment these days. I am on a list that if there is a cancelation they will call me. People who think socialized medicine is better should look at the way we are headed. This is common in countries with socialized medicine. Long waits. I can always go to urgent care or ER if it gets worse I suppose but I never was good about waiting. However, I did let it go for awhile as I was sick of going to the Doctor, so this will teach me to procrastinate.

Julia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register