Back from castle and back surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from castle and back surgery Back from castle and back surgery

Unread 10-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Back from castle and back surgery

Hello ladies, I am back from having my back surgery. I had a lamenectomy on Tuesday for a ruptured disc. I spent the night and was sent home on Weds.
I have apprx 15 staples in my back and am feeling tired and sore. But not as bad as it was before sugery. Am on some more pain medicine to get me through. I get my staples out in 2 wks and suppose to be walking up to a total of 2 miles within 6 wks.
It was raining here yesterday so I walked around inside the house and slept most of the day.
I have been off work 2 1/2 months and the boredom has set in. I am back on restictions again for another 6wks.
Any ideas on what to keep me busy again, before I go stir crazy !

Thank goodness I have great kids(4 sons) and a great DH who have been taking care of me and the house.
I owe them all once I am feeling better. Does anyone have any ideas for a family gift or individual gifts for all the men in my house?

I am almost 8wks post op from hyster and feel 100 %. No complications or complaints. Still some sweilly belly.
I lost 20 lbs so far and hope I continue to loose more.
Hope all are doing well in there recovery.
Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2004, 07:26 AM
NOW it's time to rest!

Well, you have been through a lot now this fall

I had back surgery 18 years ago, and it helped more than anything I had ever done. I am so glad you are home again and that things went well.

After my surgery, it was the first time in a year that I didn't feel like someone was pushing a golf ball into my spine and holding it there all day!

It is so wonderful that you have a supportive family-that makes getting through this so much easier. Tickets to a sporting event-if they like that-would be good.
Unread 10-15-2004, 07:27 AM
Your a trooper

Good Morning Freespirit: Whoo you have really been through so much - I feel so much for you - the TAH alone was bad enough and then to have back surgury - how do you sleep? Can't sleep on belly yet and now how do you sleep on your back. You are a real trooper!! Did the back trouble come from the hyst.? I hope not. I am 5 weeks today post TAH and I can't begin to imagine. I have been so bored myself - I had a pretty extensive surgury myself and went to the dr. this past Monday. He did an internal (Yuck) that is normally done at 6 weeks. He wanted to check my bladder and the new addition (the cuff) lol: - he told me my restrictions are still the same for the next three weeks with the exception of driving for 10 minutes a day. I had resolved myself to going back to work soon and he burst my bubble. So, here I sit for another three weeks - I am so happy to have this website that takes up some time. I am bored with reading, TV so I sit at my island in my kitchen and try to make cookie dough for XMAS to freeze. I started yesterday, and it wasn't so bad. I put all the ingredients on the counter and make my dough while sitting on a comfy bar stool. Then, freeze it so that I can bake them around the holidays. I guess that will eliminate a little work during the holidays. I too, have four wonderful kids ( 2boys 2girls) that have been a temendous amount of help and my DH has been an angel in my life. I owe them big time as well. If you like to cook try making dough. Maybe you can write holidays cards, etc. Or, shop on line for the holidays. Good luck and try to stay sane!!!!! Mrs. Biz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2004, 07:41 AM

Yikes girl you have really been busy working on those body parts, you MUST take it easy. Cant imagine back work after stomach work So glad to hear you have good support at home, maybe a gift certificate to their favorite spending place. Take care and let them take care of you - hope you have a good day!!
Unread 10-15-2004, 07:44 AM

PraireLakeLady and Mrs. Biz , yes it has been a heck of a year for me. I have been dealing with the back pain since 12/03. Try to get the doctors to understand that was not just a pulled muscle or tendant as the MRI and X-ray was not showing the rupture.
I had surgery 3 years ago same disc. So I knew what the pain was as I had experienced it before but rupture was not showing on the test. I was put on many differant pain meds and did physical therapy for 6 months. and was told I was as good as I was gonna get and given more pills to take.
I went in late July for my yearly and Dr sent me for ultra sound 8/4 and got my results back 8/9 to see OBGYN on 8/16.
On 8/8 -8/11 and 8/12 I was in the ER with severe back pain and was unable to walk. Dr ordered a cortisone shot for that day and an MRI to be done 8/17.
So on the 16th I was told I need hyster. Did MRI for back on 8/17 9:15 AM and got a call at 5:15 PM had a ruptured disc and needed surgery.
So was weighed which one needed done first and since the cortisone shot was working had hyster done. Three weeks after it was done the back pain came back so I had to go in and have another shot to get me thru till my surgery.
So here I am today stiff and sore but feeling so much better.
Thanks for your advice on the tickets. Shopping is my favorite sport and you are so right X-mas is getting so close.
Have a great day !!
Unread 10-15-2004, 07:46 AM

Oh dear, I can't begin to imainge what it must feel like to have to head back to the castle so soon. I'm glad you have your family to help you out. Maybe after you feel better, you might work on picture albums, that is what i've been doing some. DH moved a small soft rocker beside my computer desk so I can get on here more easily. Just trying to think of some suggestions, but do take it easy and I hope you have a speedy recovery!
s
Debbie
Unread 10-15-2004, 08:43 AM

FreeSpirit,
I am praying that your recovery from this surgery will be swift and that the surgery will be the end to all your problems and pain.
May God bless you.

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register