Endometrial Hyperplasia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Hyperplasia Endometrial Hyperplasia

Unread 10-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

Hello HysterSisters,

Now I'm wondering who all out there had experience with nothing more being wrong (apparently) than hormonal imbalances and endometrial hyperplasia over and over and over...my last D&C was Thursday with same diagnosis as I had three previous D&C's. I'm wondering if my doctor will agree to finally do a hysterectomy...she talked about doing one before the end of the year, but that's when she expected to find (according to my symptoms) fibroids and endometriosis. Now I'm wondering what the chances are of finally getting that hysterectomy with only endometrial hyperplasia, although it IS my fourth time being diagnosed with this over the past 10 years or so.

It seems this is something that won't go away anyhow, am I right?

Your shared experiences are a big help to me...

I appreciate all input.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

Hi, Kat,
I was treated for endometrial hyperplasia a year ago in July, but continued to have difficulties. Because I had gone through an early menopause, my doctor recommended the hyster this September. The biopsies revealed a type of premalignant condition and so my doctor and I are both happy that the hyster was already done. From what I understand, there are several types of endometrial hyperplasia, and not all are treated the same. Carol
Unread 10-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

What is endometreol hyperblablah???? I have endometriosis. Is this the same thing????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

Endometriosis, I THINK, is the uterine lining settling elsewhere, like outside the uterus and on the ovaries, and on other organs as well. When you get your period each month, the endometriosis also bleeds, but instead of bleeding like a period, this blood and shedding of the lining goes on in the abdomen and you end up in pain.

My doctor thinks I have this as well, but has not done a scope to find out as of yet.

Endometrial hyperplasia is an abnormal thickness to the endometrial lining, the same lining you shed each month as your period. Only you don't shed it all. You shed part of it as your period, and part of it remains inside your uterus.

I think I've made the distinction? Any input, as always, would be appreciated!
Unread 10-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

Thanx for the clarification! I've had two scopes which both identified my endometriosis. Both times I was told there "wasn't much there." But my pain is more than "not much!"
Unread 10-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

I know what you mean! Not much, what a bunch of crap! Trust me when I say I feel your pain.

Cross your fingers...I hope to have a date set within two weeks. I'm done with it all.
Unread 10-17-2004, 08:04 AM
Complex Hyperplasia with Atypia

Hi there!

I was diagnosised with Complex Hyperplasia with Atypia after several tests, culminating with two biopies on my uterus. Apparently, the "with atypia" part is of the most concern due to the precancerous nature of those cells. While one MD said I could "get by" for a while doing the DCs and being re-tested every 4 - 6 months, two other docs came back with a strong message that I should get a hysterectomy. I was shocked. I have no pain. Fairly normal periods -- though getting a bit heavier as I age (I'm 47).

After much research and talking to another doctor, I have decided to have the hysterectomy. They had now also found a tumor (fibroid?) so I'm scheduled for a Nov. 23 TAH. I just decided that having a D&C a couple times a year was not going to work for me. And the cancer scare (a grandma died of uterine cancer) was always hanging there in the background.

When I saw the ultra sound a few weeks ago, the hyperplasia area on my uterus was very large.

I have just about 5 weeks to "get my act together" and get my work (I'm self-employed) under control, and get my mind ready for this. It's a bit overwhelming. And my SO, whom I share a home with, has asked me to move out so he can pursue a relationship with someone else. It will be a miracle if I survive this year with my sanity. I know it is said that God never gives us more than we can handle, but I am struggling...
Unread 10-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Endometrial Hyperplasia

Gillie,

I've had troubles since I began menstruating at age 9. Severe cramps, severe painful ovulation. I had cervical dysplasia at age 20, and after cryosurgery to eliminate the pre-cancer cells, became pregnant with my first son, and 12 1/2 months later, my second son. The first delivery was traumatic, my son's shoulders becoming stuck in my hips, and he was born with brain damage due to lack of oxygen, high forceps delivery, and a broken collar bone. I hemmorhaged after my second son. Because of this, and because I've always been unable to tolerate birth control pills, my doctor tied my tubes at age 23. I had three D&C's the following 18 months, all for the same reason: endometrial hyperplasia. The doctor said if I could just get one done every six months, I'd have no problems. That just didn't seem feasible.

Now, at age 40, I've had about 7 D&C's, all of which said I had endometrial hyperplasia with no atypia. The pain I'm in almost all the time is almost unbearable. My ovaries seem to be giving me the most trouble currently, although the ultrasound showed the left ovary to have three follicles and couldn't locate my right ovary. I know it's there, though! It hurts! I constantly, after sex, before my period, during ovulation, after my period, feel heavily congested and painful in the pelvic region. There are only about three "normal" days a cycle now for me, and those cycles are 21 days. I spot after sex, I spot if I lift anything heavy, I spot if I cough hard or have a constipated bowel movement. It just *****.

I'm hoping to get my hysterectomy scheduled, as planned, sometime in November. I have to wait and meet with the doctor in the next 10 days to see what she recommends. I refuse to mess around with the hormones...birth control pills made me feel like I was PMSing 24/7. PLUS I smoke (bad bad bad me). PLUS I'm 40. PLUS my mother had bad problems with birth control pills in the form of leg clots.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers throughout your ordeal. I am so sorry your SO is being such a ****. I read in another post that your SO's sister will be with you during your recovery, and that is a blessing. My DH is a doll, thank God. He's my second husband, and we married in February, and I KNOW this is not what he was signing up for, but God love him, he's so helpful and supportive. He thinks I should also just go through with it and get it over with so we can have our lives back while we're young!

Good luck to you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register