want my cervix back - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

want my cervix back want my cervix back

Unread 11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
want my cervix back

You have all stated my feelings exactly, but I guess there is not much to do about it now. I am happy to be alive......and I hope that my husband will be understanding.
I cried for a couple of days and decided that I had to move on. It just doesn't seem fair......but once again....that's life. Hopefully, the pain lets up after awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2004, 02:35 PM
want my cervix back

I had my surgery oct 6, 2001. And Sex is alot better for me now. But it took until this past spring for it to be the way it was before my surgery. At first I had alot of pain with sex. And then I just couldnt have an orgasim. My male doctor told me that it would take time but that it wouldnt make any difference in my sex life. And o boy it did. The doctors give you a time line on how long it should take you to heal. But your body is the only thing that knows how soon it will heal. It took me 3 1/2 years before it was like it was before the surgery. and yes they took everything out but my ovaries in that surgery. since then I have lost my left ovary. and in dec i will be loosing my right ovary. Which I am not happy about. But after time, and only your body will know when it will get better. It may never be the same as it was before. But I am pretty close to it. So give it time. I cant promise you it will ever be the same, but now you have a little how that it can be.
Chris
Unread 11-08-2004, 02:40 PM
want my cervix back

Thank you all for posting your true feelings. I have read other posts about this similar subject, and everyone else was saying that things were just as good or better.

I, too, have had a major change in my libido and orgasms. I have found that I have a lot less interest in sex now, and unfortunately my husband's libido is the same (wanting it always)!

I have not asked my DR yet, but we are testing different things to see what we can do, before using medication. Thanks to all who have posted. It is nice to know I am not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2004, 07:59 PM
your post about the cervix

I had my cervix removed with my uterus and found out later that it didn't have to be that way. I didn't know you could keep your cervix until I did research after my surgery. Obviously I didn't have a very good doctor. I have dealt with extreme depression and distress over how sex feels now. I read that hormones could help the sexual feeling come back and so I found a decent doctor who told me that yes many women have been able to get some pleasurable feelings again when using hormones. I take .45 of premarin and it does help. I have also been using natural hormone creams as well and I have noticed an improvement. I know how you feel as I am living it but I just try to get through by being glad that a hormone does actually help. It would be horrible if there was nothing that could help. I feel for you ------------------- I really do. Marcia
Unread 11-10-2004, 07:36 AM
wow

I have been thinking about how it is going to be when i can finally have sex again, and just reading about all of these experiences i am more nervous..

I am pretty desgusted with myself right now as it is not having some of my girl parts, but to think that it may even have more disfunction in the sexual arena... oh boy.
Unread 11-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Sexual Dsyfunction

I had a total hysterectomy March 2003. I have NO labido, and NO orgasim. My medical condition gave me no choice..... I was put on the hormone patch and within 6 weeks had a mild stroke.
I am looking for any suggestions that would help me "tolerate" intercourse. My DH has been very patient, but I am concerned he might start looking elsewhere if things don't improve. Due to the stroke I am unable to use any form of Estrogen and the Progesterone creams had not helped. I am willing to try anything my Dr will allow. Open to suggestions.
Unread 11-10-2004, 08:23 AM
clitoral stimulation

I have been reading so much on here about women who say sex is not the same after surgery and I agree - I have the same problem. I have never read anything about clitoral stimulation. I think more women can achieve orgasm that way than internally. My husband uses a vibrator on my clitorus and then we have intercourse and it is all very enjoyable to be with him this way. More women should try their orgasm power in their clitorus.
Unread 11-10-2004, 01:52 PM
want my cervix back

I was just thinking the same thoughts as the last post right before I read it!

We bought a Vibrator when I was on major antidepressants that made me feel numb from the waste down. It is pretty amazing how well it works. It still took a long time but it worked!

Although it was painfully embarrasing to go shopping for one it was the best $25 I spent.

Thats just my 2cents.
Unread 11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
want my cervix back

I have had problems with having any real vaginal pleasure at all,for most of my life, and some said that thay may change now that i had my surgery... that is was probibly due to me having so much discomfort... i have always had orgasm through clitoral stimulation.. i have never had a vaginal orgasm.. i was hoping that that would change now...

there are so many mixed emotions here about it being better or worse after the procedure.. i hope that i will have a good experience...

Tiffany
Unread 03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Re: clitoral stimulation

Quote:
Originally posted by marciakayleger
I have been reading so much on here about women who say sex is not the same after surgery and I agree - I have the same problem. I have never read anything about clitoral stimulation. I think more women can achieve orgasm that way than internally. My husband uses a vibrator on my clitorus and then we have intercourse and it is all very enjoyable to be with him this way. More women should try their orgasm power in their clitorus.
They also sell liquid drops to put on your clitoris that are supposed to help you achieve an orgasm. (sold at the same type of stores that sell vibrators, unless you bought yours at Walmart LOL) I haven't had the need to try them yet because I am just a month post op & haven't had sex yet. I do seem to have my libido back & cannot wait to try. I say back, because the Lupron shots I had prior to my hyst made an orgasm VERY difficult & that was what made me want to keep my cervix & ovary. I figured anything that might help, was for me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register