Pulled muscle getting out of bed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pulled muscle getting out of bed Pulled muscle getting out of bed

Unread 10-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Pulled muscle getting out of bed

I'm two weeks post SAH-LSO with a horizontal incision and have been doing fairly well - taking long walks around the neighborhood with my Mom. I've got some swelly-belly but I also have two lumps of more pronounced swelling just above my incision. I've been pulling my inner rotator muscles each time I get out of bed (that hurts like crazy) but I'm not sure if this is causing the swelling. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2004, 04:59 PM

No Hon, I haven't had that problem I don't think...I don't know what an inner rotator muscle is and now I feel dumb... ...anyways, I'll you on back to the top of the list to see if anyone else can help you. Blessings sweetie!

hugs,

Mich
Unread 10-18-2004, 06:10 PM

Hi,
This is just my opinion, but maybe you are overusing your lower abdominal muscles as they trying to heal and thus increasing the swelling.

You say you are taking long walks - maybe shorter ones might help, more often. Also, how are you getting out of bed, try rolling onto one side and using your arm to lever your body up to a sitting position. Try not to sit up from a lying flat on your back position in bed. Application of a cold pack might help reduce the swelling. I had a horizontal incision for my C- Section, but can't recall getting any problems like this. My TAH was a very long vertical incision which becomes sore and swollen around it,if I do too much.

If these swellings continue, please speak to your doc. for advice.
Hope this is helpful.
Love & hugs
Chrissy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 06:27 PM

Yep I did the same thing pulled to hard getting up and down out of bed, had terrible pain in right side Dr advised I was using these stomach muscles to keep from hurting my incision area - hrt my stomach instead - took pain meds for couple of days to ease pain things seem to calming down now, use ice pack it also helped alot - hope this helps some
Unread 10-18-2004, 06:56 PM

Thanks for all of your replies. And thank you Mich for sending me back to the top when I had no responses. I'm still dealing with the muscle pain which has resulted in swelling above and beyond my swelly belly. My Dr recommended heat but I'm going to try cold tomorrow since the heat didn't help. I've been doing the side roll to get out of bed but there were two nights that I just couldn't because the pain was too intense. I had to call for help. Since then I've been taking it easier. No more walks outside and I'm limiting my use of stairs (I have three flights of them in my house and I use every level daily). I've been noticing some improvements today. Thanks again for you thoughts and support.

Jenn
Unread 10-18-2004, 11:57 PM

Hey, Kathleen here. I pulled a muscle 1 and half weeks after my surgery. It was the most horrible pain. I couldn't move, roll or get up to even go to the bathroom without taking pain medication first. I had thought it was a hernia as bad as it hurt, but after a CAT scan I knew it wasn't. This went on for probably 12 days until I realized what I had done to myself. I put heat to that area for 3 days until it finally went away. I feel for you! Try the heat and see if it works. I also put icyhot on it, but make sure you don't put it on the incision. I don't know if it would hurt you or not, but I would be on the safe side. Good luck and hope you get to feeling better!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register