End of my rope here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

End of my rope here! End of my rope here!

Unread 10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
End of my rope here!

I posted earlier that my liver function test was normal and that I wouldn't have to see my GP before my RSO. Guess I jumped the gun because the nurse called back and said my gyn wanted me to go ahead and keep the appointment with the GP so, he could release me for surgery. WHAT?????

First of all, my GP is a quack!!! Several of you know the problems that I have had with him in the last year. Top of the list being that he basically wrote me and my problems off a few months back and told me to come back after seeing my gyn. Never did an exam, no bloodwork, no urine test....nada! Like what on earth is he going to do between 1:45 pm tomorrow and 7:30 am on Thursday????? Run another blood test? Ummm, why? Not to mention the results wouldn't even be back by Thursday!! I can't afford for him to waste my time. I need to work as much as possible between now and Thursday as I don't know how long I'll be off.

I told the nurse all of this and she wasn't really sympathetic to my plight! She said, "Did she say she wouldn't do the surgery if you didn't go?" Geeze, isn't that pretty much what I'm asking her ??? Then she says, "Well maybe Dr. D can talk to you about it." and puts me on hold for 10+ minutes and comes back and tells me that the doc told her to call a liver doctor there and ask him so, I will have to call her back (for the 5th time today!) And she wasn't very nice in telling me this either.

I am sooooooooo frustrated!!!! And very tempted to not go to Dr. Quack and just show up Thursday morning. What is the worst that could happen? Them send me home and not do the op? Any words of wisdom or words to calm me down would be immensely apppreciated! :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 03:31 PM
HI there!!!

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that someone cares!!! I too, have (HAD) a Dr Quack. When all my problems started this idiot, (and she is a woman, internist, no less!) told me I was too old for endo, (46 and getting a period every month!) and that ovarian cysts don't hurt that bad. (with just an ultrasound as back-up, when I had the CT scan, it showed another HUGE one on the fallopian tube)!! I think your GYN just wants another DR to say it is OK to have surgery to protect herself. Call the Quack, tell him the liver DR said there is no problem, and to OK the surgery. Or, If your like me and no longer will have anything to do with the Quack, get the liver DR to call the GYN. Good Luck! I KNOW how frustrating all this is!!!
Unread 10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
End of my rope here!

Thanks (((whatsnormal)))! I so appreciate your listening to my vent. This Road can be so frustrating and some docs make things all that much harder!

Good news....I just talked to the nurse again and she said that the liver doctor there (at the hospital where I'm having the surgery) said that he didn't see any need for further testing (since the serum tests were all fine) before the op. Told her another positive urine screen post op might warrant further investigation but gave her the green light :

Thanks for listening. It does help to know someone understands!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 06:06 PM
End of my rope here!

Been there too. Before my hyst, my gyn, I was a new patient to her, did not even give me a pelvic or sonogram or anything... Until I requested it! It was like it was enough for me to say, I have endo give me a hyst...what a nutball! Fortunately it was not my doc who did the surgery but a gyn.onc who did have a clue. But I still did not even meet him until I was getting prepped for surgery... weird.
Carrie
Unread 10-19-2004, 07:18 AM
End of my rope here!

(((Carrie))) That is completely nuts that a doc was going to perform a major operation without so much as an exam. Scary!!

I am calmer this morning. I know that my gyn is thorough and didn't want to end up with a major surprize in the OR. Especially one that could have been prevented. HOWEVER, I really didn't understand what other tests could/should have been done once the blood came back ok. And I definitely did not want (GP) Dr. Quack to be the one deciding that. I am glad that she called a liver doctor and consulted with him. Now, to just get Thursday over with.
Unread 10-19-2004, 09:31 AM
End of my rope here!

I just want to wish you luck with your surgery on Thursday... I will be thinking of you... I hope & pray this will bring you the releif needed.

I see my doctor on the 25th, hopefully we can set a date to get these darn ovaries out... Been off of lupron for about a month and the pain has been back... I hope he does not want me to do one more month of lupron, for insurance reasons I really need to do this soon, because at the end of the year we will have DH's insurance & my gyn is not under that plan, plus we are moving about 125 miles away in 6 months. So right know i am waiting for the nurse to call me back to let me know if I need to order the lupron for one more dreaded month.

Good luck!
Kim
Unread 10-19-2004, 01:11 PM
End of my rope here!

Thanks (((Kim)))! I know you have been neck in neck with me on this Lupron/ovary thing. You will be in my thoughts on the 25th. Hope you get a surgery date.

There was no fight with my doctor. First thing she asked was, "Are the bc pills helping?" I told her no and she asked if I was ready to schedule the op. We both agreed that this is the logical course of action now. If she finds active endo then I am going to try and hold off on HRT for as long as possible.

Let me know how things work out for you on the 25th!
Unread 10-19-2004, 01:21 PM
End of my rope here!

(((Bills Sweetie)))

I can't believe its almost here. You have been through so much. I pray that you have a nice trip to the castle and that you are treated like a princess. Update us on how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it!!!

Lots of s !!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register