Adenomyosis???? Anyone had it???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis???? Anyone had it???? Adenomyosis???? Anyone had it????

Unread 10-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Adenomyosis???? Anyone had it????

After regularly reading & replying to messages on this web site it just occured to me that I never asked this question.

I found out after my TAH 13 days ago that not only did I have fibroids, endometrosis but also ADENOMYOSIS. My doc told me adenomyosis occurs when the lining of the uterus grows into the adjacent muscular tissue of the uterus. I am assuming this is different from endometriosis which takes place on the lining of the uterus & not adjacent muscle. I had some complications with my bladder being pushed way to one side or something because of the adenomyosis.

Just would be curious if anyone else had adenomyosis??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2004, 05:11 PM

I had adenomyosis......My dr told me it is internal endometriosis. The endometrium does not slough off but attaches to the uterine wall.
My uterus was the size of a 4 month gestational uterus. I bled so heavily because of the large uterus. As my Dr said.....you have alot of places to bleed from.
I also had fibroids, ovarian cysts and pelvic wall varicosities.

Hope this helps!

Nancy
Unread 10-19-2004, 05:19 PM

I too had it but didn't know it til after the surgery and even then didn't know what it was. Someone on here answered my question about it.........But ademo stays inside the uterous unlike endo which can spread outside as well..........

Best wishes on your recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2004, 05:34 PM

I too had this and my doctor suspected this because of pst surgeries and the horrible pain I was in that could not be relieved. I had it in and out and it was really bad.
Unread 10-19-2004, 05:40 PM

My Dr. suspected I had it before my hysterectomy ( due to symptoms ). And it was confirmed through the pathology report.

My bladder was also adhered to my uterus, but I forgot to ask if this was because of the adeno.

I remember reading on another website that if you have had a c-section you can be more prone to adenomyosis.

Did anyone else notice less potty trips after being rid of your adeno filled uterus ?

Love,Light,Blessings,
Michelle
Unread 10-19-2004, 06:13 PM

I had adenomyosis but it wasn't diagnosed. I found out through my pathology report. My gyn thought I had a large fibroid. We spent much time and energy trying to treat the symptoms of a fibroid and nothing worked. Well, of course not.
Unread 10-19-2004, 07:39 PM

Pathology report stated extensive adeno.

My doctor never suggested that is what I had, but after all my research on my symptoms, severe pain, heavy bleeding, back and hip pain, and enlarged uterus, I came to my on conclusion that is what I had. So far so good. Only problems are the healing pangs, and I find that I am going to the bathroom 2-3 times a night, compared to rarely getting up to go.

Tasha
Unread 10-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Hi,

Adenomyosis is the reason I had a hysterectomy. My dr. and I suspected it. I was in pain and heavy bleeding. Couldn't take it.

Mr. Dr. said Adenomyosis is like a fibroid tumor that grows in the uterine wall and spiders out through the wall of the uterus. Therefore it cannot be removed like a fibroid tumor. The ONLY real cure for this is a hysterectomy I have been told and read.

It's okay now. You did the right thing. You will be feeling so much better now.

K-
Unread 10-19-2004, 10:06 PM

I sure knew what it was before my surgery. My doc suspected it. When he would do an exam and press on my abdomen it hurt so bad I wanted to punch him! My uterus like many other women here was enlarged. So he first did a D&C. Part of his procedure in doing that is flushing out the uterus with saline... only mine didn't flush, it just kept absorbing the solution. I had some relief for a period of time after that procedure but he said if it was adeno I'd be back in a few months. He was right. I did put it off for a year but finally couldn't take it anymore and went through with the hysterectomy. Pathology... extensive adenomysis.

Not going to miss those 2 and 3 week periods!

Hugs!
Unread 10-19-2004, 10:56 PM

My pathology report said adenomyosis too. I bled for 6 mos. prior to surgery and was so glad to get rid of my sickly uterus. I was reading where you can get it from having your tubes tied (something about cells backing up after tubes are cut). I am just glad this surgery is over and I feel so much better. I have suffered for a long time with pelvic pain. At least it is good to know the reason and I am so happy I don't have to pee two dozen times a day now!

Linda (pge too)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register