Insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Insomnia

I had my hysterectomy back on July 13. I am doing great -no pain at last and feel wonderful except for the insomnia. I can't sleep...I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem after a hysterectomy- I am on hormone replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me relax and finally get some sleep? I would appreciate all suggestions... Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Insomnia

My dr has prescribed me ativan for anxiety and to help me sleep. Doesnt seem to be working all that well at such a low dose but I plan on talking to her about doubling my dosage so that I can get the necessary sleep to heal.
Unread 10-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Same issues

Hi there:
I had my hyst back in June , Before and after the hyst I dealt alot with insomnia. I did alot of research and have found that natural progesterone cream has saved me. I started using the cream a week ago, and I have slept every night since then. The insomnia issues are a thing of the past, and thats where I want them to stay....
Hope You find the answers you need to get through this difficult time.
Best wishes for a full nights sleep.
Snickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Insomnia

Good morning ladies,
I have been up since 4am. I have been doing this a lot and it is getting old. I hadn't heard that the progesterone could help with the sleeping. I have some that I haven't been using,but think I will get it out today. Funny how most of the doctors say we don't need it. I wonder if anyone else has seen this to be true of progesterone after a hyst.

Have a great day, Rita
Unread 10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Insomnia

I've also been having insomnia for a while! Plus, now experiencing sexual dysfunction. When will this roller coaster end???

Snickers ~ I pm'd ya.
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Insomnia

I thought I was the only one not sleeping at night. The first two weeks were fine. Then I found I couldn't get to sleep. Tried drinking herbal tea before bed, got up to read when I couldn't sleep. Still didn't work. I've had two weeks of sleepless nights. Seeing the doctor in 10 days for recommendations. I don't know if the HRT is affecting my ability to sleep. I'm going back to work in two weeks and need to be ready.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Unread 10-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Insomnia

HI.

My problem is that I am up all night and sleeping all day. I guess it realyy doesn't matter since I am not doing anything, but when things get back to normal I wonder what will happen
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Insomnia

When I went to my dr Wed for my 6 week, I told him I still could not sleep at night. He asked me what time of day did I take my Premarin. I told him 8:30 am. After 10 minutes of how drugs go in our system and filter through and on and on, he finally told me to switch to taking it in the evening about 2 hours before I go to bed and always keep it within a 2 hour range. So wed night I was up ALL night and then I was a nervous wreck all day Thurs because my body was waiting for its hormones. Took my premarin at 9:00 pm and went to sleep at 10:30 back up 2 more times, finally gave up and got up at 6:30. I am hoping that after a couple days this switch will work.
Unread 10-22-2004, 07:02 AM
Insomnia

6 weeks post op today and still can not sleep. I am on no HRT and from what I am reading it doesn't matter if you are or are not sleep still seems to be a problem for a lot of us. I too have my sleep time mixed up since I sleep when I feel like it and not on any real schedule established yet. I did take a low dose xanax last nite and this did seem to help some but have not slept a solid nite since surgery. Our bodies must have taken a real hit and I am assuming it will just take time, I plan on going back to work in 2 weeks and this will be my focus to work on some kind of schedule - no naps, going to bed at same time even if cant sleep and rising the same time every morning - hope all have good nite sleep tonite

Unread 10-22-2004, 08:21 AM
this worked for me...

I don't know if it's coincidence (I don't think so), but I had insomnia big time during week 5. I was on the Climara patch .05. Up to that point I had experienced no sleeping problems since the surgery. Then it hit me during week 5.

I upped my Climara to .075 last Saturday and have slept like a log this week. I am theorizing that my natural estrogen reserve depleted and the .05 wasn't enough anymore! Just a little more estrogen did the trick.

Time will tell if I am right on this...

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register