adrenal fatigue and progesterone supplementation- Is adrenal fatigue real? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adrenal fatigue and progesterone supplementation- Is adrenal fatigue real? adrenal fatigue and progesterone supplementation- Is adrenal fatigue real?

Unread 10-22-2004, 11:42 AM
adrenal fatigue and progesterone supplementation- Is adrenal fatigue real?

I went up for my 3 month check up. I am a lot baffled.

My hormones were within normal ranges. I have these checked:
estradiol, FSH LH, serum progesterone, DHEA, Iron, and I think cortisol(not sure if he checked the last one or not)
BY THE WAY- JUST BECAUSE YOUR HORMONES FALL IN TO RANGE DOESN'T MEAN THATS NORMAL FOR YOU, RIGHT????? I MAY FEEL BETTER WITH LOWER ESTROGEN THAN WHAT ITs been running- IS this CORRECT?

I asked my ob-gyn if I could possibly be going through adrenal fatigue or exhaustion. My bp is always low- 98-100/60. I feel better when I eat salt. I can't handle too much physical or mental stress without feeling weepy. but I'm getting better. I also feel better when I eat soy.
It really messes with my mind when the dr. tells you your hormone values are fine. I guess its all in my head??? HE SAYS HE NEVER HEARD OF ADRENAL FATIGUE OR ADRENAL EXHAUSTION. I said "you got to be kidding me"

Doesn't anyone think or agree after 3 surgeries, pushing myself through grad school and traveling almost every weekend with my son that my adrenals are low?? i KNOW, i DIDN'T REST LIKE LIKE i SHOULD HAVE AND AM PROBABLY PAYING FOR IT NOW,. For the last two months I have been trying to heal Pulled LIgaments and they are just now starting to feel better but I can easily overdo and strain them. Doesn't all this add up to a MAJOR STRAIN on the body???

Any suggestions? I don't want to see any more dr.s the last two don't seem to recognize adrenal fatigue. I must have moran drs around here....sorry......
He told me to stay home if I can and relax for a while. Which I am able to do. He said antidepressants may help. but I'm not sad or weepy every single day. its usually only after I have exerted myself. Sometimes I have anxiety sometimes not. I feel better after I eat soymilk. It fluctuates. ( I've tried 3 antidepressants before and hated them, not willing to experiment further on my body right at this point) The potential for addiction to antianxiety drugs is very real. I don't want that either.
I'm very slowly getting better but its taking a long time.

Can natural progesterone help me do you think? I read where natural progesterone helps to make other hormones your body needs for balance such as adrenal hormones.
Even though he said my range is normal, is it a good or bad idea to supplement with progesterone? Especially when I feel weepy or anxious. I know Dr. Lee's book says this can help.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2004, 01:32 PM

There's a site called women to women that has a test you can take, and one of the treatments is progesterone cream. I think it's womentowomen.com. Also Dr. Northrup, The Wisdom of Menopause author has a site that is very informative. Suzanne Somer's wrote a book, the Sexy Years that is also very good. Good luck with all this. I can't answer the adrenal question, but I do know that Suzanne Somers has her hormones checked frequently and swears that stress plays a major part in causing her to have to increase her dose.
Unread 10-22-2004, 11:20 PM
adrenal system

Hi i have problems with my adrenal glands from time to time.I have been on and off steriods/cortisone for years due to bad eczema.I have looked into the adrenal system,I find when I have been under stress,taken steriods,done too much then my adrenals get tired,because they have been running full tilt to keep me going.This in turn drops out immune system down,and when we need the rush of adreniline to do whatever they are too knackered to respond.If you can ,seeing a Naturopath will help you immensely,you can build the glands back up via diet and supplements,they can give you the info on what tyou need to do.
hope this helps nina.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2004, 03:57 AM

Nina,

Sorry for your troubles.

You said you feel better when you eat soy. Soy has natural estrogen in it. Some of the bio-identical HRTs are based on soy. You may want to post in the Hormone Jungle.

Are you taking any HRT?

Good luck

Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register