Bev95959's surgery today 12/28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bev95959's surgery today 12/28 Bev95959's surgery today 12/28

Unread 12-28-2000, 07:45 AM
Bev95959's surgery today 12/28

I was wondering if you were having your surgery today. You mentioned the doc being trapped in an ice storm. Even though you may not read this until after your surgery, know that I am thinking of you. Please let us know how you are when you feel up to it. Get lots of rest!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2001, 10:36 AM

Hi Cyd!
Thanks for the good vibes - I appreciate it!
Yes, I did have the surgery on the 28th. They did not do a hyst after all - the plan (I finally realized moments before surgery) was to go in and check lymph nodes close by my cervix for signs that the cancer had spread. They found that one of the nodes was oversized, and had it biopsied right then. It had cancer cells in it - so they chcecked another one further away. It was NOT involved (good news) so they are able to pinpoint where to direct radiation. They then stopped the surgery and stitched me back up.
I'm quite sore, but my bladder is functioning properly, ans the rest of me seems to be getting better daily. Except my emotions - which are a wreck.
I've got a DH who is being so wonderful, and many friends/family who are willing to help out - how lucky can you get? But I'm quite freaked out about radiation/chemo. Can't read the literature yet. Too scary.
I have a follow-up appointment on Friday to talk about what's next. I suppose I'll get to reading about all this stuff by then...
Anyway - thanks again got the support!
Unread 01-01-2001, 11:08 AM

Glad to hear that your family and friends are so supportive! It is understandable that you are very emotional. You have a lot to think about that is ahead of you. Don't push yourself. I will ask the Lord to give you strength and comfort during this difficult time. I really do feel that it will help if you open up your inner feelings to someone! Our minds and bodies can only take so much stress and worry. Feel free to email if you would like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2001, 05:59 PM
surgery

Bev, I just read your post about your surgery cancelled. That must have brought mixed emotions but the recovery is probably shorter for the procedure that you did have. Actually when I was told I needed a hyst I was fine with that but then when I found out I needed radiation I was totally freaked out because to me surgery (no matter how involved) could mean just about anything but radiation wasn't just for anything; it meant cancer and that was scary. The staff at the radiation dept were great and the nurse actually held my hand as she spoke to me and explained everything. Bring someone with you if you can to the appointments because they help to remember what was said. Also, they irradiated the lymph glands right under my diaphram as well as in my pelvis and that mad me really sick to my stomach about 30 minutes after each treatment. After the first few treatments I wasn't as scared so the treatments weren't that bad. Don't be afraid to ask for help from family and friends and get all the rest you need. Make your new fulltime job to get through this and get better. My prayers are with you. Take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register