Mirena Coil - intrauterine system...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives > Options and Alternative Success Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mirena Coil - intrauterine system...... Mirena Coil - intrauterine system......

Unread 10-22-2004, 03:28 PM
intrauterine system......

Hi ladies,

Was just wondering if anyone has heard of or has had one............" Mirena" or "levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system" Just curious andwanted to hear some opinions.
Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Mirena Coil

Hi!
Here are some links to info about the Mirena Coil:

http://www.obgyn.net/displaytranscri...sge2003-mirena

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1534-5874/2/417

Also. you may want to read "Well...here goes" by Cookie1956 posted within this
hysterectomy options and alternatives section (as a matter of fact, it's just 6 lines below your posting).

Hope this helps!
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Mirena Coil - intrauterine system......

Hi

I had a Mirena fitted about 14 months ago. It worked fine in reducing the uterine lining for me, after about 2 months of spotting. Then I developed other symptoms not related to the coil (tumour ovary) and I started spotting again, so needed a hyster.

It seems as though some love it and some hate it. I thought it was great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2004, 01:25 AM

I've had the Mirena IUS for two and a half years...really love it. The first six months were weird, with more/irregular bleeding, but then periods lightened and then stopped completely. (my favorite side effect!) I just had a RSO two weeks ago for an endometrial cyst, and my doc said I could keep the Mirena. But, now I'm also taking continuous borth control pills to prevent more periods and endo returning.

So, I'm not sure I'll need to get it replaced when it gets to the end of its normal dosage at five years. I'm really bummed about the BCPs because it was so nice not to have to remember a pill every day. I think the Mirena is possibly the most perfect birth control available for married folks.
Unread 11-01-2004, 07:25 PM

Hi,
I had endo removal and mirena coil inserted last Nov.
After 6 wks started to get pains from endo again. The coil for me did not work! My periods got lighter but I still bled for 8/10 days,
after I had finished I would spot most days.
After seeing doctors etc etc etc I was put on waiting list for removal of endo,removal of mirena coil and also to have an endometrial ablation.
The waiting list was very long and I would still be waiting if my
yummy parents had not helped me out.
Oct 9th, I had the coil removed, removal of endo,the doc said he cut it out this time and I had a resection of my uterus.
So far so good, I am 22 days post op and feeling on top of the world,I have gone back to work,stopped smoking and started weight watchers.
The coil works for different people,Ihave a friend and she has had the coil for 4 years and no bleeding
Good luck in all u do
Jackie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register