omg, i just took my mother-in-law down and out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

omg, i just took my mother-in-law down and out omg, i just took my mother-in-law down and out

Unread 10-22-2004, 09:03 PM
omg, i just took my mother-in-law down and out

I just had a huge fight with my mother-in-law. She is the most negative and unpleasant person I have ever met (think of Raymond and his mom, really, I am not kidding, we call my DH Raymond). For 18 years, I have bit my tongue. But today, she decided to target my 8 yo son and I lost it. I felt she was being unfair and things escalated from there. It sure wasn't pretty.
My DH stayed mostly out of it. He is not taking sides. (Did I mention Raymond as in Everyone Loves Raymond, lol).
I received a Luporon shot 3 weeks ago and I have been feeling really great. Happy and all that jazz. My DH says that it is the Lupron shot that made me lose my cool with a 72 yo old grandma, ouch. I don't feel out of control or mean, I feel like I did before the shot but better, not meaner.
Does anyone have similar experiences? Am I destined to be a total evil ***** until I have my surgery at Xmas? I feel good (except when around my mother-in-law).
Thx,
Leena*pig*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Me too

I feel like i have yelling at my family. I have 3 young ones, 15 not so yung 4 and 2 plus a dh. I feel terrible after i have had time to relax. I thought it was just me being nervous. I'm very anemic, many fibroids and heavy bleeding. My opereation is Dec 15th. I have not had any meds besides the 3 iron pills and 2 stool softners I take a day. I'm very nervous.
Unread 10-22-2004, 09:43 PM

Leena -

Don't feel too bad - I had the same thing with my own mother on labor day, had my surgery on Sept 20th and I still have not heard from her! Not that I have a problem with that!! My mother and I have always had a bad relationship - I was raised with 6 brothers and her boys could do no wrong. I registered anonymously at the castle so that she wouldn't be able to come to my room and cause any problems. (She did that when I had my daughter and I had to kick her out of my room) My mother always needs to be the center of attention and it gets old real fast.
I also had no problems with anyone else - just her. Just let it slide and get on with everything that you need to do between now and your surgery. You are the one becoming the Princess !!

Good Luck --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2004, 09:47 PM

Hey,
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. Sometimes stress can make you feel anxious and like you want to lash out. Also, if you are anemic, I read a new study that relates anemia and depression. You should contact your doc. There should be something he/she can give you to make it easier. No one should have to feel anxious on top of everything else that is going on.
Good luck,
Leena*pig*
Unread 10-22-2004, 09:51 PM

Hey, Juleshott,
Thanks for your encouraging words. Sounds like my mother-in-law and your mom may have been carved out of a same block.
Leena*pig*
Unread 10-22-2004, 10:00 PM

No problem Leena -
This last time my mother started it in front of my 2 kids, 9 and 4 y/o. That was not the thing to do! You know that old saying "you can mess w/me - but don't mess w/my kids"!!
Funny - you aren't the first one to think that they have a mother/MIL related to my mother
Unread 10-22-2004, 10:00 PM

Wow...sounds like I am not the only one with the wicked witch of the east as a mother in law... Mine finally backed down some when my then 15 year old son jumped on her for a snide comment she made about me. My husband's way of dealing with her was to ignore her, as was his dad's, but I am just not like that. After my son let her have it, she got more careful....now she doesn't say anything negative in front of him or my husband...BIG improvement!
Unread 10-23-2004, 09:43 AM

my humble opinion?

Sounds like your MIL deserved what she got! I doubt that it had anything to do with the Lupron shot, the upcoming surgery or your mood.

It has to do with the fact that she messed with your baby, and you were FED UP! lOL Don't get between a she bear and her cubs! LOL

Good for you, and although you may feel a little bad about it, Don't!

Unread 10-23-2004, 10:40 AM

When I read your post it made me think of my own mother in law, LOL!! She can be wicked at times herself! However, we have only gotten into a few, um, "dissagreements" over the last 10 ys that I have been married to her son. She learned early on just how far she could push me. She herself had a hysterectomy when she was 28 (shes 51 now) and said she had a horrible time getting her hormones adjusted, so now everytime I get mad with the kids, or DH, or anything, I am always afraid that she is thinking, My God, you need more hormones. I dont really think I deal with things any differently now than I did before surgery!! I am sure that you too, are not any different than you were before the Lupron shot, and IF you are its not her problem. You are not destined to be an evil witch until surgery!!!! Just stay clear of your MIL ............... LOL, Does she live close by??

Good Luck
Unread 10-23-2004, 01:04 PM

Hi Leena!

I'm in Longwood. Boy, can I relate! I know how you feel!

Things with my mother-in-law have gotten somewhat better.

I don't know how to paste the thread I posted, but if you type in "mother-in-law" in the search box in the upper left hand corner of the first page of Hystersisters, you can see it. Let me know what you think!

I really was helped by all the wonderful ladies who posted responses. They really gave me the support I needed.

I'm not planning to have her stay with me after surgery. But we are now on talking terms.

You are not alone!

Best Wishes - Stay Well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register