Hormone changes question? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormone changes question? Hormone changes question?

Unread 10-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Hormone changes question?

I want to be prepaired, I am 10 days to castle and should be keeping my overies. Should I expect any hormone changes?:confuse:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2004, 09:45 PM

Hi Amy.

You *may* experience some hormonal changes even if you keep your ovaries. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to start functioning normally again after this type of surgery. Depending on your medical issues and symptoms, some doctors will prescribe some HRT to get the estrogen level up while waiting for the ovaries to "wake up".

You may want to visit the Hormone Jungle page here as there are lots of great articles to peruse. It's very informative!

Good luck on your upcoming surgery and we look forward to seeing you on the Post-Op board with your new crown!

Unread 10-22-2004, 10:56 PM

Hi, Amy!
I became a princess on 7/19/04 - also kept ovaries.
Went through night sweats and a few crying bouts for about a week post-op. Doctor said due to ovaries settling down. Really was not a problem for me, once he told me what was happening. Got through it without any hormone "hits".

Now I just have slight PMS signs - couldn't figure out why I was "moody" - counted BACKWARDS and realized it would be time for my period. (HOW WEIRD but amazing!) I feel SO much better now than the 8 months prior to surgery.

Keep in touch with us!
Blessings to you!
AMF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2004, 12:05 AM

I am five weeks post op and happy to say I have had no 'hormonal' advercities as of yet. I did not keep my ovaries. Although, I have had some of the 'weeping' episodes where I have no idea why I am teary eyed. I understand that I probably have hormone 'reserves' in my body. To tell the truth I had more hot flashes and night sweats before surgery. I have read quite a lot of posts on this site and it seems to me that everyone is so very different. I was not very 'informed' about my surgery even though I am a nurse..... this site has given me more answers from people who 'KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE' and I will suggest it to anyone I come in contact with that is faced with a hysterectomy. Even if you don't get a 'straight answer' from a forum you will find out that you are NOT ALONE and somewhere on this site someone else has experienced the same thing at one time or another. To me that is reassuring.
Unread 10-23-2004, 10:20 AM

I took kept my ovaries - but since surgery have had night sweats - strange. It helped to read that someone else had that and hopefully it will go away. No other symptoms of ovary shutdown anyway.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register