Anyone else in my boat? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else in my boat? Anyone else in my boat?

Unread 10-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Anyone else in my boat?

I had a TVH in June, everything went well, kept ovaries, but last week I finally called the doctor & told him to please help because I'm just SO irritable, edgy, snappy, hot flashes, hair thinning, dry vaginally, have foggy brain. I just think I have absolutely no estrogen left. I'm 44. Anyway, my doc did take blood test -- measuring for estradiol, thyroid, and FSH. I'm waiting for the results on that and depending on its outcome he said he'd prescribe something or maybe not.

Is it possible I need estrogen or something to help with these symptoms? And if any of you are in this situation, did the estrogen help?

I just feel like a totally different person. But I will say, I've had some hot flashes for years and I've had the irritability, etc for years too -- usually before period and not every day. I'm glad I did have the TVH because I no longer have the heavy bleeding and bladder pressure.

thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Anyone else in my boat?

Hi

Your symptoms do sounds like those that come from hormone imbalance. It's not unusual to have less than optimal ovarian function after surgery. I hope that your doctor will prescribe something for you regardless of what the test results say. It's possible to be in normal ranges on those tests and still feel awful. (I know because I've had it happen twice to me! ) Regardless of the numbers if you have symptoms of menopause they are treatable with proper hormone replacement.

You can check your symptoms against this list for too much/too little estrogen and progesterone.

I hope this helps!

s
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Anyone else in my boat?

April dawn
Some of those symptoms overlap one another on the estrogen/progesterone symptoms. I can't tell what Iam. I have normal readings also but still feel awful. Dr. obgyn are no help.
What did you do to get hormone balance?
I haven't had hormone balance for years. Too high of estrogen.
I thought about natural progesterone.

I understand that nat. prog. can be turned into various hormones, depending on what the body needs. Do you know what they are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Anyone else in my boat?

No, I don't know. Still waiting on the blood work results. One thing I read is: No matter if the blood work looks good, WE are the best judges of how we feel and we should be proactive in that and not put up with feeling this way if there's something that can be done about it. After all, we're going to be around (hopefully) a good while longer so why feel bad along the way? I'm still waiting on my doctor's call. Will call him later if he does not call. This balancing act is very challenging.
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Anyone else in my boat?

Hi Ann

My hormone balance came from working with my compounding pharmacy. I let them know my symptoms and they tell my doctor what to prescribe to help me. It sounds backwards but that's what has worked for me. Some doctors are knowledgeable about prescribing hormones and others are not. Mine is willing to go along with what my pharmacist and I want. It hasn't been easy and I've had to make adjustments several times.

I don't have my ovaries so I don't have to factor that in like you do. Your ovaries are producing hormones but it's anyone's guess as to how much. Yes, the symptoms do overlap which contributes to this being a Hormone Jungle. Ugh!

For help figuring it all out there's nothing better than a doctor knowledgeable about hormones or a compounding pharmacist who is very up on prescribing hormones. I've read that some women have success by going to a reproductive endocrinologist for hormone help.

There's another website you might try which deals with natural menopause. The address for it is www.dearest.com.

I hope you find a doctor who can help you with this!

s
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi

I also had a TVH keeping ovaries. Approx. 7 months later, I began using bio-hormones (in cream form). I was having terrible fatigue and insomnia. I could not get my energy back after surgery.

I use compounded estrodiol, progesterone and testosterone.
I began with just the est. and progesterone, but was still having fatigue, so I began using testosterone. It did help. I feel better most days.

My pharmacist had me do a temperature test every morning before getting out of bed, to check for thyroid imbalance. It was low, so she gave me pure vitamin A serum to apply on my thyroid ( neck area) at night, followed by pure vitamin C serum in the morning, on the same area. That has also helped with my energy level, by assisting my thyroid.

It sounds to me like you are out of balance, and even tho your test results may come back in the normal range, you know how you feel,, I would ask to try a bit of bio-estrodiol cream, then maybe add some progesterone cream....

Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register