Monday, monday 25 october, 2004 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday, monday 25 october, 2004 Monday, monday 25 october, 2004

Unread 10-25-2004, 02:21 AM
Smile - Monday, monday 25 october, 2004 Monday, monday 25 october, 2004

Hi All
Well, I was busy all day yesterday, bought 2 new bikes for the DDs, managed to get them to MILs without them knowing. I am feeling really pleased with myself. That's the bulk of my christmas shopping done with, just the stocking fillers to get for them now. Everyone else is easy peasy
Foodwise, had a good, OPish day. Had chicken and chips and salad for lunch, that I cooked myself (as in not gone out for dinner this weekend) and for tea, I had boiled ham sandwiches, with wholemeal bread.
I am off to weigh myself shortly, better do it, for the end of the month's weigh in, see if I've lost owt.
Food today will be marmite on toast for lunch (just eaten apple and banana) and dinner will be sausages and mash
Well, gotta will catch up with y'all later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2004, 05:11 AM
Monday, monday 25 october, 2004

Happy Monday Morning

Yesterday was just a beautiful fall day. Went with DH to the outlets yesterday & we did very well... I found some more Christmas gifts and can mark a few more names off my list. DH found a couple of warm jackets that were on sale... overall -- we did quite well.

Did my food shopping yesterday so I have an OP week planned.

Breakfast - soy yogurt w/ organic granola and banana
Snack - apple and almonds
Lunch - soup
Snack - apple bar
Dinner - left over tuna spinach casserole

The apples I bought look so yummy. I have a receipe to make a baked apple in the microwave -- I'm going to give that a go tonight (if I can find an apple corer) and have that as a dessert with tea.

Plans for the evening... walk the dogs & get to Curves... then home to scrub the kitchen floor -- and then on to Fly Lady -- needing to get the house in shape for the upcoming holidays. I'm determined this year not to leave things until the last minute. Now... how much of this I actually do is yet to be seen... but that's my plan

Got to go...
Unread 10-25-2004, 06:10 AM

Hi all,

Is it really Monday again? Only half way kidding . . . LOL Good news--it will warm up here by the end of the week . . . 70s!--maybe we can squeeze in another camping trip next weekend!

Well, I had SEVERAL chocolate chip cookies at the party, a small amount of chili, a couple of glasses of wine (small glasses--see how I have to throw that in) and you'll never believe this one--a tiny shot of tequila. Our cousin had this special high quality blue agave and had these tiny, cute little brandy sniffer glasses for folks who were not big tequila drinkers to use. Well, I drank one. I know it was a very small amount, but I swear I still feel ill because of it. Lesson learned: Never let a cute little glass weaken your resolve.

So back to normal food and drink, meaning OP, today. Yoga is done--felt great!

Fran--Wow! The two biggest Christmas gifts bought and hidden--great job!! Good job on being OP!

Sue--You can download a Holiday Control Journal from Flylady's website . . . I confess I printed one on it, but it's still untouched on the guest room bed. I guess I am hoping that the information and inspiration will just pop out of it into my brain. Well, now I just grabbed it and there are some paw prints on it--imagine that. Woo hoo for you guys on getting some shopping under your belt!

Have a great OP day all!
Shirley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2004, 06:41 AM

Wowsers Monday again ?!?!?!?

Where does the time fly ??

Well our swimming pool reopens today YIPEE so I've packed my swimming stuff in my car, and will head directly there on my way from home (I can't wait !!!)

The DR has put me on new HRT, and I can really tell - I am soooo hormonal .. I feel as if I am eating for England, trying to observe the healthy snacks only (fruit and lots of it) but when I am hungry and a rampage through the kitchen looking at everything in all the cupboards with a 'Is it quick?, Is it tasty? and I NEED IT' , needless to say I am avoiding the shops like the plague - if it isn't in the house I won't eat it (well thats the theory anyway!)

SO with the pool reopen, I will be able to swim to my hearts content and maybe just maybe undo some of what the HRT does to me .... aaarrrrgggghhhh Do you know what really infuriates me about this whole thing - I'm only 34, and I have been told I can look forward to another 30 years of HRT ... why oh why is it me ?!? So, I guess that in a month I will be looking like a whale again (I blew up to a size 18, from a size 14 when I went onto HRT after the op, last year) .. I can't believe that I threw out all my bigger clothers, as I have been a size 14 for 4 months now .... oh well ... only 6 months out of my life, I suppose (as long as my salopettes fit me at Christmas, and don't split as I am bending down to get my boots out of the skis - that reminds me must get some red santa thermals - Just in case!)

Right - sorry about the moan, but you are the few people that understand .....

s to everyone I'm dashing now - got to get into a meeting in under a minute

Toni xxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 10-25-2004, 06:49 AM

Hi gals --

Shirley -- had to at the pawprints on Flylady's list -- that NEVER happens around here (yea, right ) Also had to smile about the 70's temps -- we've only had a couple of nights so far when our low was below the 70's!!! Come down here and you can camp out all you want -- it was in the upper 80's yesterday afternoon at the craft festival and HOT!!! BTW I'm ashamed to admit that cute little things have weakened my resolve many times!!

Fran ~~ good for you for getting going on Xmas!! I love getting it done nice and early and avoiding all the crowds and the rush.

Sue -- I have that microwave baked apple recipe around here somewhere. Let us know how it turns out!! It sounds so yummy and so fall like -- as I sit here with the windows open and wondering if it's ever going to cool off and stay that way for a while, and wondering if I should turn the A/C back on.........

Hi Toni!! ~~ I took so long posting this morning you snuck in on me. Ok.........duh -- what are salopettes? And wondering what the new hrt you're trying is??

Had a good relaxing day yesterday. Went to the craft festival with my friend (ok, true confession time -- I really can't see any difference in her looks after her facelift. She is using a new cream to fade brown spots that she had on her face -- purchased from the surgeon's office -- that I can see is making a big difference. But do I want to run out and do this now? NO NO NO!!!!) It was way bigger than I thought it was going to be, and was strictly crafts..........of all kinds. We walked for hours, and even though lunch was not exactly OP (Italian sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions!) I only had that and a bottle of water (I did have my usual cereal with 1/2 a banana before we left home). Dinner last night was leftover tortellini. We were both craving some ice cream (do they put something in the sausage that makes you crave ice cream later?!?) and stopped at a MickieD's and I got a small choc shake on the way home........but with all that walking, and all the yard work I ended up doing on Saturday, I feel like I did ok.

I'm headed to the gym........have decided that I'm really over the step-aerobic thing.......just did not enjoy it last week and think it's just a case of burnout -- I did it pretty much exclusively for so many years. Am going to do some treadmill time this morning and then take a Pilates class. Then have a few errands to run. DH is in charge of dinner.......he bought some boneless beef ribs he wants to cook on the grill -- I'm making garlic mashed potates to go with them and we'll have a salad and that will do it.

Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!!!

HUGS --
Ann
Unread 10-25-2004, 08:26 AM

Hi ladies and yes, it is Monday already. Bleak and dreary again but a warm up is in store for the latter part of the week.
I have been OP and drinking my water but the old IBS is still haunting me at times. Ack! I hope exercising at Curves today gives me some much needed energy. I can't wait to turn the clocks back this weekend so I can get an extra hour of sleep. I need it!

Fran, way to go on the Christmas shopping!

Sue, I think I need to check into flylady.

Shirley, Alcohol does a number on me as well and I think that is what started up this IBS episode!

Toni. s

Ann, send up those 80 degree temps to PA will you?

Later..........

Emily
Unread 10-25-2004, 09:31 AM

Good Monday morning to you all
Guess I get to just dive right in here, its been so long I almost forget.
I haven't been to terribly OP lately thats why I am back here for you motivation and inspiration. You are the BEST ones to help. It seems we have all walked somewhat the same path in getting here.

I just got the kids out the door for the bus they are both in school this year. Gabriel the oldest (11 now) as some of you remember I homeschooled him two years ago, well he is now is grade six and doing average, the diagnosis of ADD by the doctor was wrong. He is fine. Thank heavens. Tiara my baby (5 now) is in grade one, the school took her last year on early admit her birthday is not till Jan. She did very well so they put her on to grade one. She loves school and is doing very well.
In June I went to school for weekends and got my travel agents license. I am very happy with it, I love it. Its a very excting career. and the best part is I work from home office. Love it. Did I mention I love it.

Emily~Great to see you, you are an inspiration. Guess the wedding plans are all in place now, what date is it again?

Ann~ I love craft fairs but here in the north there are not to many to get to. There is always a great one in November here so I look forward to that one.

Toni~ I don't think we have me yet but am looking forward to meeting you.

Shirley~Great to see you as well. Tequilla, ack can't go that at all even in a tiny cute glass,

To eveyone else I wish you a great day. And looking forward to getting to know you all.

I had to laugh when I was reading about the weather you all are having, we got snow on Oct 15 and it stayed which is very early for here. The temp has been below freezing every day, I am thinking Ann I may have to be shipped out to Florida before winter is over. Right now this am its 18.7 F.

Have a great day all
Hugs
Denise
Unread 10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey all

WOW the weekends fly by. I had a good one. Got tons done around the house. Both hubby and I worked together to begin a very thorough gutting. We got 3 bags out. We are going to finish up some other stuff to. We both felt great about it. Once things are back to normal we will paint and do some other things around the house.

Saturday night we had a Euchre party 6 couples. It was fun. I ate some things I should not have. Oh well. Back at it today. I got my done and feel good about that.

WOW Denise what a blast from the past. It is nice to hear from you.

Hey Emily counting down I am sure

Shirley I am sure it was the cookies and not the alcohol that did you in that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Ann wow you were busy. Glad you felt better after you saw your friends face I get burned out with exercise sometimes to. Then for some reason it no longer bugs me. I guess the thing is that we are doing it regardless of how we feel.

Toni that is great that the pool is being opened again today. I know how much you love to swim. Yuck on the HRT. I remember how bad you felt when you gained the weight after your surgery. Maybe this time it will not happen. Keep your fingers crossed and think positive.

Sue I am usually much more organized with Christmas shopping. I need to get that in gear. I mean it.

Fran wow bikes that is a great gift. I am sure your girls will love them

Okay I am off

Katie
Unread 10-25-2004, 10:34 AM

Good morning, all!

Fran, xmas shopping already? I'm being an ostrich this year - if I leave my head buried long enough it won't show up, will it?

Sue, you too with the xmas shopping??? Is it only me? Tuna/spinach casserole? Sounds yummy - have you posted the recipe?

Shirley, had to laugh at your cute little glass remark - BTDT. LOL I must go hunt down the Holiday Control Journal - sounds intriguing.

Toni, so glad the pool's open again. I know how much you love going there!

Ann, 80s? I'm packing up and heading down! Get anything interesting at the craft fair?

Em, I hope you're feeling better! Have fun at Curves. I sure know what you mean about that extra hour!

Denise, nice to meet you! How far north of the border are you? I'm about fifty miles south of it.

Katie, sounds like you had a very constructive weekend. I'm glad you got to have some fun, too!

I just got back from a crispy walk in the park. Temps are in the upper 20s here this morning. Saw V after V of Canadian geese headed south - must have been at least a thousand of them, all honking encouragement to each other. What a glorious sight!

I was OP yesterday and will be today. Bfast was Cracklin Oat Bran with a banana, lunch will be a Michelina Greek low cal salad, dinner is going to be Shirley's Garlic Lime chicken - requested by DH - and a baked potato. I've already 8MM'd and walked.

I must go turn the furnace up - 65 just ain't cutting it this morning! Hope you all have a wonderful OP Monday!
Unread 10-25-2004, 11:07 AM

Just checking in before I go catch some ZZZ's for a couple of hours, then go get the kids. I'm off tonight...but back on the next few nights, so tonight I plan to stay up late and clean.

Staying OP! Went to our workout room at work last night and spent about 30mins. Then, went walking this am. Will go to CURVES tomorrow.

Water intake has already been 120oz. Meals were OP.

Okay....I'm jealous of those with SNOW!!! I'm in Texas and it is warm, muggy here! Still shorts weather!!! (it still will be in Dec.!)

I was feeling so proud of myself in reguards to Christmas shopping....I put a few things on lay-a-way last night!!! Then, come here and see that some have pretty much finished their shopping!!!

Emily----the countdown is on!!!! I am so sure you will look BEAUTIFUL in your MOB dress!!!! I can't wait to see the pics!!!!

Everyone seems to be doing GREAT!!!! Smaller sizes and all!!!

(((Toni))) I hope you do well on the new HRT!!! We will be here to and support ya!!!

Hello to everyone else!!!

Hugs,
ROnda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register