Okay, Honestly ladies..how long before the "swelly belly" GOES AWAY? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay, Honestly ladies..how long before the "swelly belly" GOES AWAY? Okay, Honestly ladies..how long before the "swelly belly" GOES AWAY?

Unread 10-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Okay, Honestly ladies..how long before the "swelly belly" GOES AWAY?

It is driving me crazy! I normally have a pretty flat tummy and there are some days I look close to normal and some days about 8 mos. pregnant. I am 3 weeks post today and wish I felt normal again. i am weepy, impatient and moody.
Sorry for ranting, but I feel I have no where else to turn. My hubby is most likley sick of hearing about it by now.
Thanks for any advice on the matter. You are all a great group of women
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 10:04 AM

I'm 4 weeks post op today and it just takes time. Your body has been through a rough time and it needs time to heal.

Swelly will go away.

TVH,TVT
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:11 AM

I am also 3 weeks today and like you am a little frustrated with this swelly belly. I too have a flat tummy and am in good shape, I work out 2 hours per day (not now), and am hating this belly on me. But I have noticed that it has gone down since the first week home, so I am hoping that it will continue to go down, and was hoping that by my 6 week check that my belly will be gone and I can wear my jeans. so we will see if it happens or not. But I am just like you, it does upset me, it just seems that I have worked so hard to keep my body in shape, and now I have this big belly on me, and I just want it to go away!!!!
Cari
39 years old, TAH Oct. 5, 2004, took uteris and cervix, kept both overies. bikini line incision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2004, 10:15 AM

Cari,
We have the same surgery day!
Yea, there are some days...it looks almost gone...then poof! it's back. I feel so frumpy. i can't wait to start working out again...at least a nice long walk!
Thanks for being there
Lets keep in touch....we are on the same schedule it seems.
Mic
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:20 AM

mic8970,
Well atleast your tummy seems to be hardly there some days, mine has never been hardley there, I always have a swelly belly that appears to be worst during the evening. But it has gone down since week 1, so hopefully it will be gone sooner than later!
Cari
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM

I too had my surgery (TAH) on 10/5/04! I've been pretty lucky... swelling mostly in the pm or when I've done too much. I drink lots of good water, which somewhere I read helps the swelling go down. I also walk a LOT, and I'm sure that keeps my system moving. My doctor said "walk, walk, walk.... all you want!" Have just gone back to work... PART-TIME!! I'm fortunate that I can work a couple of hours then come home. Getting back on my feet has been important. I'm just real eager to get back to the gym and workout... but know this will be awhile. Doing some good deep breathing, however, can at least begin to work the abdominals!

Zesty
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:40 AM

5 weeks one day and counting.

swelly belly still rules my fashion decisions--ooh that pair of up-to-my-breast bone- elastic-waist band-pants--or that pair???? Hmmm, let me see......

Mindi

P.S. but at least it doesn't burn anymore...not even at night so I am greatful!!!!!
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:43 AM

I have noticed on the days I back off the sodas it gets better. I have layed off the caffine and the carbonated drinks. I have also been drinking a chai/green tea mix everyday. I drink nothing else but water or juice. I cant for sure tell you if any of this is working but I have noticed a difference.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register