January Sisters!!! Anxiety is coming on strong...How about you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

January Sisters!!!  Anxiety is coming on strong...How about you? January Sisters!!! Anxiety is coming on strong...How about you?

Unread 12-29-2000, 09:41 AM
January Sisters!!! Anxiety is coming on strong...How about you?

Hello ladies!

I don't know about you, but the anxiety is starting to hit now. Although my surgery is still a few weeks away, the reality check is coming on strong.

Between personal preparation and job commitments, I am really feeling it now! My last day at work is January 12...exactly 2 weeks from now!

My birthday is January 2, I donate my first pint of blood Jan. 5, second pint Jan. 9, pre-op Jan. 12 (oh, by the way, I'm attending a major conference here in Washington the week of January 8). In addition, I have a hair appointment, have to clean my house, etc.!!!!! Boy oh boy, since I received my date, it was always in the back of my mind that the surgery was coming up...but strangely enough, I had no worries. Now all of the sudden, I'm thinking of all sorts of things I have to do...with very little time.

How about you? How are you holding up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 09:53 AM

I am having the same nerves!! I gave my 1st pint of blood yesterday, next pint in a week and labwork same day, preop next friday. Went shopping yesterday for a few items for the hospital and it really hit me that this is really going to happen. My surgery is on the 12th. I am cleaning house, getting paperwork ready, making sure kids are farmed out, and everyone knows where I am going to be. My husband has been so good. He is taking a week off work and then my MOPS friends will be helping after that.

Wow, no more bleeding to death?!?! Yeah!

From the Northwest
TAH on Jan 12th
Unread 12-29-2000, 09:54 AM

Well, I'm freaking out. When I scheduled (1 1/2 months ago), Jan. 9th seemed abstract...now I am feeling completely unprepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 11:46 AM

My appointment is scheduled for January 8th....which as of this moment is 10 days, 5 hours away Last week I was really bad as far as having axiety attacks, being depressed, crying alot. This week hasn't been too bad; mostly thanks to my boyfriend He's been trying really hard to keep me busy after I get home from work, so I don't sit and home and think too much about everything that is going to happen a week from Monday. Last night was target shooting at the range (that got rid of a LOT of stress!!) Tonight it's out to a movie, dinner, then a candle-lit bath at home This weekend consists of many Harley rides and hanging out with friends. I think he has every evening planned up to the "big day". If it wasn't for him and my fellow sisters, I don't know what I'd do!

Everyone take care and be safe this New Years Weekend
Unread 12-29-2000, 01:23 PM

I am nervous, too. My date hasn't been scheduled yet but I was told 2-3 weeks from Dec 27th. It will definitely be on a Wednesday, but I'm not sure exactly when. I haven't had a pre-op appt yet. What is this about the blood donation? That's the first time I heard that. Also, I wish they would hurry up and tell me when. I need to get sitters lined up, work straightened out, housework done, etc, etc. A woman's work is never done! Good Luck Sisters!
Unread 12-29-2000, 01:55 PM
Feel so foolish for being this scared!!!!

I am new to this board, and I wish I would have found it a lot earlier. I knew that my hyst was going to be inevitable after my laproscopy and D&C in April, doc drained 'grapefruit-sized' cyst and found an unbelievable amount of adhesions which has my bowel stuck to just about everything, including my spine. The pain and bleeding over the last year has been unbearable at times and I even hemorraged 4 weeks after my laprocopy. My TAH BSO plus bowel resection is on 1/12/01 at 3:30 (docs' last surgery of the day, since she can't even begin to guess on the amount of time this will take).

Finding this website has been a miracle and I am reading it daily and taking notes to remember everything. I am not worried so much about the pain, just everything else: the HRT therapy (will it work?), my sex life with DH, will I awake with a colostomy bag (doc has assured me no, but still scared), will 6 weeks be enough recovery time, I have to get back to job, blood clots in my legs, my darn elevated BP, getting blood (I am so anemic can not donate my own) and my list goes on and on!!!!!! As soon as I get myself calmed down about one thing my mind races to something else to worry about. I am usually a calm person, but this has me falling apart at the seams!!!
Unread 12-29-2000, 02:03 PM
very nervous

Lisa,
I agree. My nerves are on edge today. My mom and I went so she could donate blood for me today, and it really hit me that this is going to happen. AND SOON!! Yikes. I am not ready. I have so much to do before I go to the castle. My best friend is going on Wed. to donate the other pint of blood that I need. I am just a bundle of nerves...and I am physically and emotionally exhausted. I barely have the strength right now to even get up out of a chair. UGH! I can't wait until this is over!!
Unread 12-29-2000, 02:21 PM

Yes Lisa, I'm a little edgy. My date is Jan 15 and I'm feeling nerveous because my preop hasn't been scheduled yet. I was told that the hospital won't contact me until sometime next week for the preop and if I haven't heard from them by 5 days before the surgery, to call the doc. I don't think I'll be waiting that long. Seems weird. No one at my doctor's office mentioned blood donation to me so looks like the ball is dropped on that one. Unfortunately at my last appointment with the gyn I was 45 minutes late and she had to run so I didn't have time to go through my list of questions.

I'd feel a lot better if the hospital would contact me about that preop appointment. I hear so many of you with dates further into the future than mine with preop appointments already. I'm obsessing and whining. Sorry.

Unread 12-29-2000, 04:32 PM
jan 2 changed at last minute

I was to have surgery on Jan 2 and today ( now friday dec 29)the doctor calls and says oh sorry my partner has said that he wont do it until at least the 17th. I took time off work already and had everything planned kids taken care of everything and at the last possible minute im cancelled. How can they do this? I cant take anymore. I've had procedure after procedure done and I'm having panic attacks almost daily now they say sorry have another 2 weeks of this to deal with. the doctor says that the leep that was done in November hasnt healed. Does that make any sense to anyone else? Why does the cervix need to heal if they are taking it out? Im so upset that i cant think straight. Im sorry to ramble but im pulling my own hair out.
Unread 12-29-2000, 06:20 PM

Hi Lisa and other January LIW.

I'm surprisingly calm and at peace right now. I just got through with hopefully my last period from HELL! It's funny how you forget pain and discomfort when you're feeling good. Remember, all this crap we're going through will be only a memory. One thing I keep hearing from my friends who have had this procedure is that I'll be so happy I had it done! I'm thankful for this site and the ladies who offer their words of wisdom. Happy New Year and may 2001 be pain-free! YEE HAW!!!

Love & Hugs,
Marcia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register