Help... Confused, frustrated & very upset!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help... Confused, frustrated & very upset!!! Help... Confused, frustrated & very upset!!!

Unread 11-01-2004, 01:39 PM
FMLA

Hi Kim,
If you haven't used twelve total weeks in the past one year, you are entitled to Family Medical Leave Act. (FMLA) Your employer CAN NOT fire you if you run out of sick days, but have not used the total of twelve weeks!!!!! Granted, you won't get paid once you run out of sick, vacation, personal days, but they have to keep your medical insurnace, (you would have to make the same co-payments that you made when working) and they would have to give you back your job, or one with the same pay, benefits, you had when you left!!! Good Luck to you. I know it is a pain to bring out the "law" stuff, you don't want to aggravate an already touchy boss, but you are entitled to this by law!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Help... Confused, frustrated & very upset!!!

That is right. You get 12 weeks of FMLA per year. You should go to Human resources and get the form and then get your doc to fill out before your surgery. Also, tell your supervisor that you are not taking sick days, you are taking medical leave. It is a big difference.
Unread 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM

Ugh... I wish doctors could just make up there minds.... I spoke with the nurse and the doctor, both stated that I have to do pain mangment first. The doctor says he wants an opion from the pain managment doctor if he thinks removing my ovaries will help.

I am getting the feeling they doubt it is endo, because my pain improved w/ lupron but did not completely go away after 6 months of lupron. I truely feel it's endo, based on how I have seen my body respond to endo over the past 7 yrs. The pain on my left side is the same pain that I had when I had endo on my right ovary about 2 1/2 yrs ago when I had my lap. The nurse said that I had endo in my uturas based on the notes that she could see but nothing noted on my left or right ovary durring surgery, my lavh. My left ovary started bothering me very bad about two months after my lavh.

I asked what I can expect from pain managment, and the nurse said she does not know what they do, maybe manage pain? She said that I should let her know how they treat people... I can't believe they are sending me to pain managment & they can't even give me a heads up as to what I am is store for, except that they would like for me to try it for 6-12 months.

Yikes... That is not going to help get rid of the endo. I am so afraid of it growing & getting worce. DH is also fustrated because the doctor told us since April if the lupron did n't help or greatly impove things he would remove the ovaries. That is truely the only reason I agreed to do lupron for 6 months. I did not want to because of the side effects.

I feel some what betrayed. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow, the GYN said I did not need a referal to the pain clinic, but the pain managment nurse said I did and that it needs to come from my GP. So I plan on talking to her about all this to see what she says. She is so caring and understanding. She her recomondation when sending me to the GYN was for the removal of my right ovary with a lap.

I feel like I am back at square one, with insurance swiching in Jan, I will be under a diffrent medical plan where my current doctors are not covered, and to top it off we are moving in the spring out of the area.

Kim

PS... He did say if he removes the ovaries latter that I will be in the hospital for 2 nights & off of work for 2 weeks, with a complete abdomal incision, because of the size of the ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2004, 09:10 AM

Oh (((Kim))) you poor thing!! I really hate to see the run-around that you have been receiving! I don't have the answers for you, but I will tell you my experience.

You know the beginning part with the TAH/LSO and my run with Lupron. Well, I had a RSO with adhesion lysis and mesh placed as barrier on 10/21. It was done by lap (4 small incisions with the biggest being about 1" long). I had planned to go back to work on Monday the 25th, but there was no way! I ended up working 1/2 days last Wed, Thurs, & Fri. Ended up calling in yesterday because of nausea (had it with TAH/LSO and both Lupron shots too) and am at work today taking a small dose of pheneragan. Want to know something???? I AM ALMOST 2 WEEKS OUT AND I STILL SHOULDN'T BE HERE!!!!!!!!! I have the same concerns about finances and work and all, but the bottom line is this......ONLY YOU can decide when you are healed enough for work and ONLY YOU have to pay the consequences if you go back to soon!

As far as pain management goes, I have to agree with everyone else who said there is no way you are going to know how it is working in 2 days! I still plan on doing the PM for my back, however, I've had to put the injections off for a bit (was to get my first one on the 27th, but there is no way I could lay on my stomach to have them done.

PLEASE take care and have all your questions answered before you make your decision!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register