Anyone else dealing with a Hateful teenage daughter? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else dealing with a Hateful teenage daughter? Anyone else dealing with a Hateful teenage daughter?

Unread 05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Re: Anyone else dealing with a Hateful teenage daughter?

I wanted to update my post - but the Edit button is not appearing...?

Things are slightly better with DD. After I stopped the driving lessons, extra cash handouts, letting her go out with her friends etc, she got the hint pretty quickly and has started having a better attitude. I finally just told her how it is and going to be and that I am WAY over it, and I am ok with not giving her extra's...no skin off my nose either way. It's all up to her... I am still looking forward to the 45 days off this summer and getting a break - need to recharge those mom batteries. I love her very much but I am so tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Just wanted to let you know ypu girls are not alone. I have a 16 year old daughter who is in a constant bad mood. We call her our ray of sunshine. She has my menopausel mood swings beat by a land slide. I have to remind myself not to take her attitude personally. That I too was once snotty and hateful. My mom keeps reassuring me it will get better. My son is 10 so as soon as my daughter gets through these lovely teenage years he will be right behind her.lol
Unread 10-04-2012, 01:51 PM

"raising hand" My DD is 10 and did not want me to have this surgery because its where she grew as a baby. Wait, what?? OMG! She has been most unpleasant and yesterday stood at my bed yelling at me that I am doing nothing. Ummmmm... really?? My mother, her grandmother came uncorked. So, yeah.. the universe is not revolving around her therefore everyone must suffer. UGH.. and she is just a tween.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell84 View Post
By the way, I did try to talk to her, and all she did was cry and say she did not know why she was acting the way she was...

HELP!
What is my daughter doing at your house?!

My girls are 13 and 14 1/2. At their age, it's all about them and that's it. So far, I can't stand teenage girls (or 12 year old girls cause it was just as bad at age 12!)!
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:35 AM

Single mom. Boy almost 15 girl 13 girl 7. My 13 yr old yelled she hated me and hoped i died while i was on my way to my last surg 5weeks ago.... because i told her to change her clothes. She wasnt dressed appropriately for school, her age or any time if she wanted respect.
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyQ View Post
Single mom. Boy almost 15 girl 13 girl 7. My 13 yr old yelled she hated me and hoped i died while i was on my way to my last surg 5weeks ago.... because i told her to change her clothes. She wasnt dressed appropriately for school, her age or any time if she wanted respect.
good gravy!! Hang in there. Its a tough road to hoe but we are strong enough to do it. My 10 year old has bouts like this as well.
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:24 AM

I can remember when my sons were hitting puberty.
I described it as turning into monsters, which then shut themselves in their room. You push food their way for a few months (or 2 years!!) and when they come out again they are more normal.

I think my daughter was always opinionated, and would argue black was white, right from when she could speak.

Give yourselves breathing space!
Don't stress yourself about your daughter's tantrums.
Put your own needs first for the first few weeks at least, and thank goodness for the siblings who are really caring for you.

Hopefully the stroppiness will burn itself out as she gets older. Perhaps it is her way of dealing with your operation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register