God works in mysterious ways... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

God works in mysterious ways... God works in mysterious ways...

Unread 10-30-2004, 11:09 PM
God works in mysterious ways...

you know, I was just sitting here going over my pathology report. What possessed me to do it tonight is beyond me. It's never good researching those things, ya know?
It gets very confusing and as mentioned before, you have to be careful about what you read. Anyway, I got to chatting with a long lost internet buddy. Haven't seen her online or heard from her in ages, so she hadnt' known about my diagnosis. I was compelled to tell her tonite. And am I glad I did!

Turns out that her mother was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer over TWENTY years ago, and then later, with Breast cancer. HAd a hyster and a double radical mastectomy. A recurrance in the early 80's......then NOTHING since. NOTHING. for TWENTY YEARS. She is fine and thriving today.

Now, I have not talked to this woman since ...spring, if not further back then that. Tonite I was feeling...icky ..I'll admit it . Then, out of nowhere, appears my long-lost buddy. To tell me this absolutely thrilling news about her mother! I'll tell you, God is Good. I am MORE than positive that he brought this friend & I together tonight just when I needed a picker-upper. And what a great picker-upper it is.
*sigh*
sweet dreams!
K9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2004, 01:00 AM

K9,
I LOVE it! Isn't God wonderful? He's always there for us, sometimes in the most unexpected ways. I am so happy he brought this woman back into your life at EXACTLY the right time! I just love it! Thanks for sharing that wonderful story with us.

Best,
Janie
Unread 10-31-2004, 07:09 AM

K9

20 year survivor of ovca!! That is just wonderful. When I was first diagnosed my gyn/onc office hooked me up with a couple of long term ovca survivors. I felt so much better after I spoke with them. One was even stage 4 and is going on 8 years!

We will be in that 20 year club too K9. Ya gotta have hope!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2004, 10:50 AM

You betcha we will be, Lori.

God is Good.

s

K9
Unread 10-31-2004, 11:50 AM

Another sister signing in for the 20 year club.
Wouldn't that be grand!!!!
Maybe we will all get to be grannies one day.
Or at least have that big reunion in Disneyworld.

oxoxo karenann
Unread 11-01-2004, 05:05 AM

Although my "God works in mysterious ways" story is not related to cancer, I wanted to share it as well since it may uplift another.
As many of you here know I lost my husband very suddenly from a heart attack in 2001. In the early days of my loss, I had great difficulty sleeping, and I would stay up all night playing on the computer to pass the time. One night in a search I happened upon this grief support web site that had a 24 hour chat. This chat was to become my lifeline!!! During one night while I was chatting everyone happened to be posting where they were from which was all over the country as well as Europe and Canada. Shortly after I posted where I was from, a gal named Meryl posted that she was from the neighboring state, and that her late husband was from a town a few miles from me. Anyway we got chatting, and during this time her mother-in-law also came into the chat. To make a long story short, come to find out with Meryl's mother-in-law filling in the blanks, informed us that Meryl's husband and my husband were best friends when they were in their teens and 20's!!! My husband was even her husband's best man at his first marriage but had lost touch over the years. Meryl's husband's name Ed did not ring a bell to me initially since my husband always in conversation referred to him by his nickname Stitch. I even remembered the day my mother-in-law called to let my husband know she read in the paper that Stitch had passed away. As fate would have it, Meryl and I became friends, and she was a tremendous help to me with my loss. She called me a few weeks back to let me know that she too like me will be getting married again next year. Yes indeed, God does work in the most miraculous and mysterious ways because the chances of us meeting were 1 in a million!!!
Unread 11-01-2004, 03:08 PM

wow, Nightengale, that gave me goosebumps! I'm so glad God sent Meryl to you just when you needed her most.

K9
Unread 11-01-2004, 05:51 PM

I read a really fascinating story in the paper this Sunday. It was truely inspirational and, I think, it fits in here. The odd thing is it was an obituary. Don't stop reading, though. It was a time to celebrate.

A young black boy was diagnosed as having juvenile diabetes at the age of 5. It is thought that he had had the disease for 2 years before diagnosis. His doctors said he would not live to the age of 10. At the age of 10, he was still doing well. The Drs then said he would never be able to father any children. He managed to get through college and was denied entrance to medical school because the spot was given to someone who had the potential for a longer life treating people than he would have.

Last week, he died from complications of diabetes at the age of 86! He had 4 children and grandchildren. It turns out he was one of the first to get insulin injections for treatment in 1924 (at the age of 6). When his family couldn't afford the cost of the shots during the depression, his family appealed to the president to supply them. The government did supply the shots free.

At the age of 86, he survived the longest of anyone with diabetes.

This is still a terrible disease, but this was truely a remarkable story. As he had stated, he felt much of the time that he was only born to die because everyone was telling him he wasn't going to live long and to prepare to die. And he kept beating the odds.

Linda
Unread 11-02-2004, 01:08 PM
mysterious ways

Hi Sisters,

Wow, these are great and very inspirational stories! For me, one of the most amazing things that happened was that after I was diagnosed, my mom decided to go to a ovca support group meeting, even though I was still recovering from my surgery. It turned out that the support group was right next to her work, and months later when I was having trouble with my medical group not allowing further treatment or for me to see a gyn-onc, a woman in the group recommended that I see her doctor, who turned out to be 100% better. If the group had been further away, she might not have gone, but since it was right next to her work , she wound up going and finding out information that has been tremendously helpful to me. I also have a cousin who had just been through chemo for breast cancer, and she was my "chemo pal" throughout the whole thing. Of course, finding the Hyster Sisters site was also one of the things that gave me hope!

Hugs,
Twisted Sister
Unread 11-02-2004, 01:38 PM

Incredibly moving stories.

Yes, I, too, believe that God is Good. Took me a LONG time to stop giving him the finger (my dad - my world - died when I was 10 - this 12/20 will be 30 years!!).

It was just a couple of years ago that I stopped "walking in the desert" as they say. Thankfully, I'm not a fanatic, but I DO believe that He is good, and that he has our very best interests at heart.

One of the several "coincidental" things that happened a couple of years ago that "brought me back" was reading Rabbi Kushner's book, "When Bad Things Happen To Good People." It was enlightening in that he writes (I'm paraphrasing) that God doesn't have time to "punish" you. He has better things to do!

Indeed!!

:dragon:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register