Anal Fissure - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Anal Fissure

Well, I can totally sympathize with you. Like I said I have a fissure. BUT I have had my colon removed so of course I do not have BM's. And mine STILL hurts a little but it is mostly irritating. BUT about a year ago, I went into the hospital as an out patient for a scope procedure. They leave about 10cm of rectum/colon just in case you may want to have further sugery in the future. But it needs to be check for signs of cancer.

Well, I have the most insensitive GI Dr. ever. He is a big man with huge fingers and he 'rapidly' gave me a quick exam before the procedure. Well, since I never have BM's it is extra tight and closed up in the first place. PLUS I have the fissure. When he did this I just about passed out, i starting screaming and crying, and trust me I have a high pain tolerance. The nurse was yelling "your hurting her your hurting her" and hugging my head. It was VERY bad. He says, "well I guess she must have a fissure", and in my opinion I think he made it much worse.

I left the hospital in tears, and I cried the entire drive home. I really should have had someone drive me. I felt like I had been violated, it hurt to stand it hurt to sit, I was bleeding. It was a total nitemare. It took a couple of days to get better and that was just from an exam. I am sure you will feel better really soon and then you wont have to deal with this anymore.

I really need to get mine dealt with but I am kinda scared since that last episode a year ago. I have the thought that I should get it dealt with the same time as the TAH but that would probably involve more Dr's and my waiting time would get bumped up.

Let me know how you are feeling, take care.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Anal Fissure

I'm 8 weeks post-op and have been bleeding from my rectum for about a week. I haven't had any hard BM's though. Yesterday at my dr appt. she said there were three fissures. She told me to use hydracortisone cream to help it heal, then to use desitin to keep it from reoccuring. Anyone else given this advice?
Thank you.
Meg
Unread 02-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Anal Fissure

Is it normal for the fissure to actually come out of the rectum a little. Like I can actually feel mine. (Sorry if this is TMI) I have been told by my doctor that I do have one, I have had it for several yrs, it is just worse now, because I am having trouble with constipation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Anal Fissure

Hello!

I had an anal fissure for 20 years and finally had it repaired 1 year ago. The fissure doesn't actually come out. Some fissures are more inside and some are more outside. The surgery is called an "anal sphincterectomy". It is done with sedation (don't remember a thing), takes about 15 minutes on an out-patient basis and about 1 week off from work. I don't know if you are going to have it repaired, but if you do my best advice is to take the pain pills religiously! Hope this helps you out - take care!
Unread 02-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Anal Fissure

I may end up having to have it repaired. My doctor has metioned it before.
Unread 02-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Anal Fissure

My DH has had an anal fissure for years. In the beginning he and his DR just thought it was hemmorhoids. As a good wife I got him a tube of Preparation H Cool Jell - poor guy just about hit the ceiling.

Old DR retired and new DR diagnosed the fissure. The symptoms are much less now that he knows how to care for it.
Unread 02-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Anal Fissure

Do you mind me asking what his symptoms were?
Unread 02-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Anal Fissure

My DH's symptoms were itching and painful BMs with blood on the toilet paper.
Unread 02-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Anal Fissure

Ladies in my research of anal fissures I learned there was a certain chemical that helped relieve the itching that preparation H did not have. Something that stopped the bacteria from irritating the open skin. Sorry, but I can't remember what it was called but at the time found it to be in "Gold Bond" medicated anti-itch cream. So I have been using a small amount on mine and it cools and relieves the itching in just a matter of minutes. I did tell my doctor that I was using it and he didn't seem to think it was a bad thing to use. Hope this information helps!
Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register