hello I am a mess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hello I am a mess hello I am a mess

Unread 11-01-2004, 02:32 PM
hello I am a mess

I had my hyst on 10/19 I kept one of my overaries to help with the hormones but I am a big cry baby now I am crying at any little thing and if I am not crying I am wanting to have sex or I am mad at every one for no good reason. What is going on with me and I ever going to be normal again? And one more question I have burnng like hot spots on my belly what is that from? that is driving me just a crazy as the horemones.

Georgann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2004, 02:41 PM
hello I am a mess

Hi Georgann,
Normal as in how you felt before surgery, or normal as in everyone else normal? I had the same issues as you, in regards to the crying, getting mad, and not just wanting sex, but NEEDING IT!! Man, never felt like that before. My DS when I came home kept telling me i had changed. I said no, and now I look back and realize yes, I was way more hormonal. Good news is, I am on a fairly even keel once again. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and hopefully cleared for SEX!! Thank goodness my DS is no longer grounded!!!

You are completely normal, and will have the hormone fluctuations. IF you find after a couple months, or if you just cant live with yourself, talk to your Gyn.... Please take care and give yourself permission to feel this way, it does take the edge and guilt off of you!!
Hugs
Kat
Unread 11-01-2004, 04:20 PM
hello I am a mess

I am five weeks post-op (TVH) and, thank goodness, my emotions have been pretty even. I have had days when I really was the Hot Flash Queen, though!

A couple of times, though, I would look at something that I wasn't emotionally involved with - a TV ad or newspaper article - and I would just about burst out in tears. I realized it was just a hormone swing, and then I nearly burst out in hysterics! Crazy!

If it's really bad, call your doctor - but the mood swings are definitely part of this whole adventure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2004, 06:04 AM
hello I am a mess

Awww, Georgann!

I'm sorry to hear you are having some problems. Don't feel all alone! Many of us have been where you are now. The crying for some unknown reason, the aches and pains, burning around the incision.

All of this should soon be a distant memory! You'll find it in the back of your brain when another sister needs help!

If you aren't finding any relief please call your doctor and discuss your options. Perhaps there is something he/she can give you to help take the edge off!

Take care and rest!

Sybie
Unread 11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
hello I am a mess

Ugh... I'm 5 weeks post op today... woohoo. I was extremely hormonal the third/fourth day after surgery. (TVH - took everything). I was screaming, crying and litarely jumping up and down. Whoa, I sure needed a padded room. But everything's great now and my hormones are on an even kil and nothing seems to bother me anymore. I must have been a hormonal basket case before the surgery.

TVH,TVT
Unread 11-02-2004, 10:27 AM
hello I am a mess

Normal is what you are experienceing! I cried and cried and hated my DH so much. He could never do anything right for me when I got home the first few weeks. Then a wonderful friend came to visit us and my DH took her aside to talk to her about me. Well she had her dh talk to my DH because she did the exact same thing after her surgery! Then we all felt better and yep, I cried again!
Now in my 5th week things feel so normal for me. Give it time. It will get better. And remember ... you are normal. Aren't we all?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register