preop was today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

preop was today preop was today

Unread 11-02-2004, 02:38 AM
preop was today

Hi,

I had my preop today at the dr's office and then at the hospital. It went pretty well. On my orders the Dr put down that she was going to take out my appendix. Is that normal? She also stated that she was going to do a bladder sling that comforting since I really don't want to have to go back to the Dr.

I went and spoke to the gas man. Dr told me that I could have a spinal or epidural with this or be put to sleep. I wanted to do the spinal, again. I had one with my c-section and it was great. But the gas man will not do it.:cry: He said the surgery may take to long and he doesn't want to take a chance of me being able to feel what Dr. is doing. Oh well!!!!!!!
So now it is just a waiting game until I go to the castle on the 15th of Nov. I have to be there at 6:30 in the morning Yuck. I have a hr to the castle.

Thanks so much for the support I have gotten from this site it has been a God send.

TC

Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2004, 03:55 PM
preop was today

Steph,
Some docs take the appendix out since they're in there anyway. Some do not. I think it's pretty normal either way.

Best wishes to you
Sistabeth
Unread 11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
preop was today

Hello, Steph. I am also going in to the castle, on Nov. 18. I will pray for you and hope for you a speedy recovery. My Doc is also reconsructing and lifting my bladder so hopefully they don't take to many things at once (haha). I am sure your Dr is able to make the right decision for you.
Sister in waiting too
Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2004, 08:22 PM
preop was today

Hi Steph,
I go for my pre-op Thursday & my surgery date is Monday, the 8th. Don't feel too bad - my surgery is scheduled for 7:30am, but they want me to report at 4:30am!!! Plus, I live 45 miles away. Good thing I'll get to sleep through the procedure!!!

Are you having a TAH or TVH?

:-)
Take care!
Lyndi
Unread 11-03-2004, 06:47 AM
appenidx

Just wanted to add that my doc took out my appendix during one of my laps years ago because it was so encased with endo and adhesions that it was very dangerous...your doc may suspect that your appendix is involved, and if not, it may be in the future if he/she doesn't take it out now. It won't hurt you at all--I don't even feel a difference. I kinda feel its better to be safe and not have to go in for another surgery in the future. I'm not a doc, but just wanted to share that its fairly common that the appendix can be involved, and I'm glad I had mine out

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register