Long road | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Long road

Well, it's been at least MONTHS since I have posted. I have come and read occasionally and glad that support is still out there even for us that have a couple of years under our belts. I am almost 2 years post op and with the many complications I had and this year almost being a good year, I have had an on and off problem that I am not sure is related or not. I will ask the question before I state what I think it could be. What it boils down to is this. I have been experiencing every couple of months, menstrual like cramps. They last a day or so and then go away. It comes with a mix of other things that range from nausea to dizziness, constipation to diarrhea. It's not necessarily painful, just kinda irritating....like well...menstrual cramps! Any thoughts????? I am taking no hormones at this point....can't find any I like, and seem to do better without. Help is greatly appreciated at this point, my Dr's are another story...that is getting ready to change as well....I am glad you are all still here! Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Long road

I am thinking adhesions again. They can definately give you nausea if starting to obstruct your bowel...as well as constipation and diarrhea. When mine came back after 6 mos from 2nd removal surgery, it didn't just show up, it came in like waves.

Now...could be some left over endo, but if you aren't taking HRT that seems less likely.

These are just my thoughts, I hope it is just a flu type bug and neither one of these things. I will pray it is nothing.
Unread 11-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Long road

Could it be IBS by any chance? Your symptoms sound a bit familiar!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2004, 05:38 AM
Long road

marianwrn and silverfern,

Thank you for your comments. I have worried about adhesions because of the multiple surgeries since my TAH. I had suture problems and infections and I have been warned that adhesions at the incision could be a long term problem. IBS is another factor as I have spoke with my GP about routinely but being that there isn't necesarily a cure it's something that is dealt with as symptoms come up. I can only hope it's not endo that is on my bowels. I knew that was a possibility as well. Seems that everything I had thought it could be really could be. I will have to be more aggressive with my GP and my GYN to try and get to the bottom of it. There are other factors as well regarding stress and lack of exercise that could be contributing as well.

Thanks for your prayers and continued support!
Unread 11-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Long road

Thanks for your prayers and continued support! [/b][/quote]

You don't have to thank me....that is what "sisters" are for. Heck if I didn't have this site, I would go insane :eyes:
But please let me know what you find out.
Take care hun!
Unread 11-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Long road

Hi again

I know how difficult it can be to figure out just what's causing problems sometimes and I've found it useful to note my symptoms in a diary form. Be really specific on how you're feeling. Sometimes when you read back over a month or so a pattern emerges. Not always of course, but it certainly wouldn't do any harm and you can take it along to your doctor too.

As you say too, if you add in the stress component and lack of exercise it just adds to the picture. All sorts of things can come into play which can make it a nightmare when trying to figure out exactly what's causing your problems. Life sure isn't meant to be easy is it?

All the very best.

Unread 11-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Long road

I am almost eight months post op and have been having some of the same symptoms(menstrual like cramping, diahrea & constipation), nausea,etc. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on tues to see what it could be. My doc said it could be endo scarring, I had severe endo, or it could be adhesions or even IBS. Hope you are feeling better soon. But I would definitely mention this to your doctor and as you said be more agressive with him so he can check things out. Silverfern gave a good suggestion about keeping a diary of symptoms to discuss with your doctor.
Unread 11-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Long road

I got this e-mail just today. It is from EndoKnow. I have not been on the site yet. But it states that you can get a free personalized doctor discussion guide. I am putting this here as Endo was mentioned. Do you think I should make a seperate post for this Endo information?

Are Cramps Upending Your Day?

You've been hoping your pelvic pain and severe menstrual cramps would "just get
better." As you know minor cramps, pain or discomfort are not uncommon before
and/or during your menstrual cycle. But your symptoms have only gotten worse and
you're starting to worry there might be a more serious problem.

One possibility is endometriosis, a common gynecological disease. If you're
experiencing symptoms, like painful periods, chronic pelvic pain, painful sex,
lower back pain during your periods, schedule an appointment with your
gynecologist. Prepare for your visit and help your doctor understand what you
are experiencing with a FREE personalized Doctor Discussion Guide from
EndoKnow(SM). This can help you talk about your symptoms with greater
confidence.

Click or paste the following link to get your FREE personalized Doctor
Discussion Guide:
http://clicks.i-dealfindernow.com/[email protected]

EndoKnow also provides other valuable tools like The Pain Diary where you track
your pain over time, which can help your gynecologist to make a better
assessment. Visit EndoKnow.com to get your personalized tools as well as
informative E-mails with reliable information about endometriosis and its
treatment options.

Click or paste the following link to visit EndoKnow.com:
http://clicks.i-dealfindernow.com/[email protected]

You don't need to "just live" with the pain any longer. Partner with your
gynecologist to learn about endometriosis and the best treatment options
available for you.

's & to all of my sisters

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register