Dizziness? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Dizziness?

I'm almost 2 weeks post op and I was wondering if dizziness is normal. Every once in awhile I get very light headed almost like I'm going to pass out. Is this normal? I go in to my Dr. on Tuesday for my 2 week post appt. I'll ask him then if it doesn't seem to be normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Dizziness?

Well, depends. But, I was dizzy up to 3 weeks post. Not everyday, but it was several times a week. My doc told me in the beginning I would be a bit lightheaded especially since surgery I was anemic.

I haven't felt lightheaded since 3 weeks post and I think the dizziness was due to these 2 factors:

#1---I was anemic
#2-- Side effects from the meds.

Please speak to your doctor about your dizziness because it may be different than my factors above.

Take care. :dance2:
Unread 11-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Dizziness?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gneiss
Well, depends. But, I was dizzy up to 3 weeks post. Not everyday, but it was several times a week. My doc told me in the beginning I would be a bit lightheaded especially since surgery I was anemic.

I haven't felt lightheaded since 3 weeks post and I think the dizziness was due to these 2 factors:

#1---I was anemic
#2-- Side effects from the meds.

Please speak to your doctor about your dizziness because it may be different than my factors above.

Take care. :dance2:
Thanks. I'll ask him then. I haven't been on any meds for about 3 days. They checked me for anemia in the hospital and I was fine then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Dizziness?

Hi Sam,

I have low blood pressure and my Dr. said that contributed to my post-op dizziness also.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Dizziness?

Quote:
Originally posted by historylady
Hi Sam,

I have low blood pressure and my Dr. said that contributed to my post-op dizziness also.

Best wishes,

Mary
Mary,
That could very well be my problem too than. I do have low blood pressure.
Unread 11-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Dizziness?

Do check with your doctor, there are several different things that can cause you to become dizzy post op. You said that you were off your meds, so that is probably not the cause, but even thought you were checked for anemia, that dosen't necessarily mean that it couldn't be the cause now. -Is it mostly when you stand up or change positions too quickly? I have that problem anyway, and it has been worse since my surgery, standing etc can cause a drop in your blood pressure, and it takes a few seconds for your heart to catch up and your blood pressure to return to normal. -if you are dehydrated that can make it worse too.
Like I said, I have been having more trouble since my surgery, so my doctor wants to check me again for anemia, as well as checking my blood sugar. Since I'm not your doctor, I can't tell you what is causing you to be dizzy, but until you can talk to him, you can try increasing your fluids, eating foods high in iron, and make sure you take your time sitting up or standing.
I'm not much help, but I hope maybe this helps a little anyway. -Let us know what your doctor says!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register