I pitched a tantrum tonight... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I pitched a tantrum tonight... I pitched a tantrum tonight...

Unread 11-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I pitched a tantrum tonight...

I'm sending some extra s your way!

Here is the link to a similar thread that was posted last week; you might get some good ideas from the replies here:

Anyone else dealing with a Hateful teenage daughter?

Keep your Princess Crown on and keep YOU as the main priority right now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2004, 12:12 AM
I pitched a tantrum tonight...

Has anyone lost a 'triplet'? I have a stepson living with me, that could be reunited with his long lost family!
He eats when he likes (I have long since given up cooking nice meals for him, since I usually find them in the bin after) I get the dirty dishes left for me.
He picked the hoover up the other day. DH broke a cup in shock! Then proceeded to clean out his pit. oops, sorry, I meant bedroom. Unfortunately, the hoover never operated outside of his room.
He does have a job. He eats more than he pays me housekeeping, but at least he does pay regularly (he knows his father would go mad otherwise) He does absolutely nothing else, but he will cook the kids tea if he is cooking same time as they are moaning they're hungry. They usually end up with pizza or fish fingers and chips, but hey! its a meal less for me to make!
I am almost 8 months post op, so its not an issue now, but my blood was boiling in those early days, the hoover never got picked up until about week 8, but we survived!
I work 9-3 around school times, so I don't have any spare time outside of having kids, so I am usually shattered by 4pm, so any meals made are a bonus, but if anyone wants to reunite him with their loved ones, feel free. He is almost 22, fairly pleasant to have around, and if he does get it in his head to do a little housework, he usually does a reasonable job. (he also does his own laundry, as having had far too many arguments in the past re dumping it all in the basket once a fortnight, I now refuse, and if he can work 7 months at a time abroad, he must be able to manage, get my drift? its not that I am mean, its just that he's not helpless.
PS I should add that my DH works away all week, and he did take time off for my 5 days in hospital and a week after, and we have wooden floors downstairs, I am not having a moan about him.
Unread 11-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Talking - I pitched a tantrum tonight... I pitched a tantrum tonight...

Oh Fran you have me laughing I really needed that. Hey that reminds me of the time I tried to adopt my sister out I made a real nice flyer and it had all of her good qualities on it and none of her bad ones like the tantrums she would throw or that she only thought of herself or even that she refused to pick up after herself because my mom hired a nanny who did it all for her when she was younger. I got in a lot of trouble for that but I'm thinking my parents are thinking right about now that it would not have been a bad idea being that she is 26 living at home with my parents and not doing her own laundry or cleaning her own room still or even picking her clothes up out of the bathroom floor. Hey maybe we should just throw them together in the same place and see what happens. I wonder if anything would get done. LOL
I hope that things get better real soon. s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register