1 week post op. Climara patch itching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post op. Climara patch itching 1 week post op. Climara patch itching

Unread 11-10-2004, 12:19 PM
1 week post op. Climara patch itching

Hi All,

I am one week post op. I am absolutely terrible about remembering to take pills so I chose to try the Climara patch. Boy is it making me itch. Any one else have this problem? Other than that and a few major hot flashes I feel great.

I am sooooo happy I did this. I already feel better than I have in years.

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2004, 05:15 PM

Hi,

I've been on the Climara patch since my LSH/BSO 8/04. It did itch in the beginning but it has gotten much better. I still have some minor itching on occasion but it doesn't really bother me. Good luck!
Unread 11-10-2004, 06:38 PM

Tracy,
I used the Climara patch for several years without problems. Suddenly, this year, it started making me itch. The itching was terrible! Sometimes, I had to go into the ladies room and just scratch and scratch! My skin got pink under the patch, which never happened before. The pharmacist said that the company might have changed the type of glue that makes the patch stick to your skin. At least that was one theory. I switched to the Vivelle patch and since then I haven't had any problems. It doesn't itch and my skin doesn't get pink. I think it comes in the same strengths as the Climara patch. The only disadvantage is that you have to change it twice a week, rather than once a week. But, I'm happy with it. (With my insurance, it's about the same cost.) If the Climara patch causes you problems, you might want to ask the doctor to switch you to the Vivelle patch. Just a suggestion.

Barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2004, 07:10 PM

I am 9 weeks post-op and had the same problems with the climara patch. It started right away but I hung on to it until week 6. It was working otherwise so I didn't want to mess with it. Then several people on this site told me about the vivelle dot. I change it twice a week so that helps my skin. I am happy with it. My skin seems to be very sensitive now so I am careful about what I use. Good luck Take care of yourself.
Meg
Unread 11-10-2004, 09:30 PM

Thanks everyone,

I go to the dr. on the 16th so I will mention this to him and see if I can try the Vivelle. Thanks so much. You know, with out this sight I wouldn't have known what to do. I don't know the options are or the differeces in them. I would have asked the dr. but I like having some idea before doing so. Again, thank you so much.

Tracy
Unread 11-11-2004, 06:34 AM

I also had some skin irritation with the climara patch and I switched to the generic and the adhesive doesn't bother me, the patch itself looks different and I also have found it sticks better.
Also experience has taught me when it is time to change it, I do it in the shower where I can get it wet and slowly peel it off instead of just ripping it off. One time I just ripped off the climara patchand lost some skin! Since then I do it in the shower.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register