Any ideas for staying positive while waiting...waiting...waiting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any ideas for staying positive while waiting...waiting...waiting Any ideas for staying positive while waiting...waiting...waiting

Unread 11-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Any ideas for staying positive while waiting...waiting...waiting

I am trying very hard to stay positive but it is soo hard. I have been off work for about a month. I won't drive because it hurts and I am scared about having a spasm attack (think labour contractions!!). My DH, in all his wisdom, is an absolute angel but he doesn't understand. He is worried that I won't be "psychologically" prepared for the op. Any ideas would be really welcome. Oh, I can't drink alcohol, eat anything with fattening, ride my motorbike, indulge in, well, you know; we don't have a bath tub and, thanks to my endo, moving around for too long, or being in the same position for too long hurts. H E L P!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2004, 05:49 PM

Unread 11-12-2004, 09:26 PM

you need to do stuff to take your mind off of the situation.
Nest............ houseclean, paint, pre cook meals for freezing, or baking... better yet, start your xmas wrapping, or those dreaded christmas cards they always take forever. Download christmas music off the internet, listen to it, and delete the junk that doesn't work for ya. Visit a friend you haven't seen in a while just because. Do some crafting,sewing read books. Do stuff for you, stuff you never take the time to do anything to take your mind of the stress at hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2004, 11:11 PM

yes housework is a distraction but I like to shop shop shop hmmm think I might be an addict No seriously stock up on things you'll need after extra foods you like , toiletries ,skincare products,maybe some new PJ's and I also bought a few nice comfy outfits to wear out for coffee or lunch with friends when I was up to it , it gave me something to look forward to ,also get some books that you've been meaning to read , make a list of movies you want to rent.
Goodluck
Wendygai
Unread 11-13-2004, 04:15 AM
Hi

Try and do your everyday normal activities. i know its hard when your in pain. Waiting is very difficult. When you mentioned you had a spasm it brought back the memory of the pain I lived with for 20 years. I could never describe the pain to the doctor until I had my first son, and ohhhhh the labor pains. Thats exactly what it feels like, LABOR. I had my hyst in Jan 2004, and havent felt one since. there is a light at the end of the tunnell. Best of luck, carol
Unread 11-13-2004, 07:26 AM

I agree with all the above suggestions. Keep telling yourself that you will soon be leading a normal life without the pain you are experiencing now. About three days after surgery I had less pain than pre-op. There is a new life ahead of you and you will be able to return to the things you love!!

Take care.
Sue
Unread 11-13-2004, 07:59 AM

I totaly understand the 'No Motorbike' :cry:
I have not been able to get on for the past 2 months without being topped up on painkillers, then my DH is worried I'll fall off or something worse.

I have gone back to craft work, to try & take my mind off it all & it makes christmas prezzys for people at the same time
I send DH out for the supplie or buy them over the net (I do simple beadwork jewellrey) So lots of my friends & family will be getting semi-precious necklass's & matching braclets for xmas) I'm leaving DH to get the prezzys for the fellers.

I have also gone back to model making, found some old Airfix models on e-bay, bid on them & won them, I have made on, but am saving the other 3 for post-op or I will go nuts getting boared.

With all these things you can get up and move around at any time (I sit stand wriggle a lot at work too, but they have got used to it now)

Good luck with keeping sane
Unread 11-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Staying sane advice .... thanks heaps

Thanks for all of your great advice. It's great to know that others go through the same thing. I have started cooking and freezing meals for my DH when I'm in hospital. And yes, I do have a ton of chrissy presents to wrap and cards to write, so that will give me something to do post-op.

Hugs and wishes for pain free days!

PS. Can't wait to go for a looong ride!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register