CT Scan Results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CT Scan Results CT Scan Results

Unread 11-13-2004, 04:53 PM
CT Scan Results

I recently had my 6 month CT Scan I was very surprised when the urologist oncologist said they will do another scan in 6 months they are watching two 2 milimeter lesions on my lungs!!!

I had endometrial cancer 6/03, and my bladder removed 2/04 due to cancer and now I'm concerned cancer cells have gone to my lungs. The doctor wouldn't say to much except we will keep a close watch on it.

I'm feeling better and stronger and all my blood work keeps coming back great. I guess I'll have to wait the 6 months and see what is next. If cancer did come back does it show up in your blood tests???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2004, 04:58 PM
CT Scan

I don't know about your type of cancer so I can't tell you about the blood tests. If you'r concerned then why not get a second opinion or call the Dr. and say you are not comfortable with waiting 6 months and want a shorter waiting period. Here's praying that it is just one of those things and not cancer!
Unread 11-13-2004, 05:30 PM
CT Scan Results

Ellen I am going to see the doctor on Wed. because I have been being treated for cellulitis, I am going to ask him more about it, when he told me two weeks ago I got nervous and then came down with the cellulitis but yes I am going to question him more on it on Wed. Thanks Ellen sometimes we just need someone to give a nudge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2004, 06:17 PM
CT Scan Results

Mariann

I agree with Ellen that you shouldmseek another opiniom. not wait 6 months. Hopefully these lesions are nothing serious, but it is good to find this out soon so you don't have to worry, and if it should be cancer then the sooner you get treated the better.
Unread 11-13-2004, 06:27 PM
CT Scan Results

Dear Mariann,
I pray that you will not have any further cancer.

Monalees
TAH/BSO for endometrial cancer/ruptured bladder/Dec/02; A&P repair Oct/04
Unread 11-13-2004, 06:39 PM
CT Scan Results

Dear ((Mariann), I agree with Ellen's advice; either your doctor agrees to a shorter waiting period or you seek another opinion. If anything is there you don't want to give it time to advance. I will keep you in prayer that you don't have any cancer.
s, peggiesue
Unread 11-14-2004, 01:49 PM
CT Scan Results

Mariann

Huge s coming your way. Hopefully it is nothing, but will be praying just the same. Hopefully your docs will, find out what it is and be able to treat it while it is small.

God Bless and Love
Unread 11-14-2004, 03:36 PM
CT Scan Results

Mariann
I hope you have good outcomes with your CTs and MD visits.

Cindy
Unread 11-14-2004, 04:26 PM
CT Scan Results

mariann,

You've already been given great advice, but I wanted to add my hugs. I hope everything works out for you!

s & ers
k9
Unread 11-17-2004, 02:00 PM
CT Scan Results

I went to the doctors today to follow up on my cellulitis everything seems to be okay and I feel oh so much better than before I even came down with the cellulitis.

I also took Ellen's advice and asked him about the lesions on my lungs. He said that they have been there for the last two CT scans and have remained the same. It appears that I have had them for a long time, however he said he will still always monitor them and if there are any changes he will see it right away. So I'm glad I asked he puts my mind more at ease.

Now in January to see what can be done for the granulation after this second bladder sling done in July.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register