chronic pelvic pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

chronic pelvic pain chronic pelvic pain

Unread 11-16-2004, 03:55 PM
chronic pelvic pain

Thanks for the finger crossing

yeah, I am concerned that if the pain comes back (which I know it will, the pain has never stopped until surgery) what will he do with me then?
I also just talked to my boss, she called to find out what happened.
I told her that he increased my meds and that I go back in a month. I told her that I still can not drive, she said that because of the work that I do, even though I do have a license, maybe I could do the work at home for now and see what he says at one month. She can't make that decision, she has to talk to her boss who is coming in the office tomorrow for a meeting. If that boss says no, than she will have to post my job. She really doesn't want to, but I understand. Well, actually this is my 6th week so I would be going back if everything went well, but how could I help what has happened. I don't know. I just feel like I am stuck in some sort of limbo. The doc doesn't want me to go in the office because activity increases the pain and I can't drive to get to work. But she said that if her boss lets me do this, it will only be for one month and that if he still says no and I can't drive on these meds, I will have to leave.
This uncertainty with my future just bites!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 04:24 PM
chronic pelvic pain

I'm glad he increased them ((Marian))...small victories remember

When I first started Pain Mgmt my Dr refused to give me anything for break-thru pain I started searching the net for info on the Long-Acting meds if there were suggestions for break-thru meds to be prescribed with them!
Well, I found tons of great info that supported break-thru meds being prescribed for the pain that occurred in-between the Long-acting meds..when they would start to wear off. So I armed myself with info and discuss it at my next appt...luckily he agreed to prescribe them.
Maybe you try discussing the benefits, ect of taking Break-thru meds also Marian?!? Your Dr might agree if he can reduce the MsContin mgs if he prescribes the other Just a thot...

Here are a few great links from our Resources Directory that have some info on Breakthru pain and other issues about Pain meds & Chronic Pain:

Pain Medicine:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=jump&lid=351

Chronic Pain can be devastating to the patient who is not medicated or undermedicated:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=jump&lid=347

Opioids for chronic pain relief:
http://www.opioids.com/chronicpain/pain.html

***<last link submitted to Resources>

Hope the increase provides you with some more relief ((Marian)) Please let us know...(((hugs)))
Unread 11-16-2004, 07:18 PM
chronic pelvic pain

(((billssweetie)))))
((((sheri))))

Thank ya'll so much for caring and the answers and allowing me to vent and be frustrated :hair:
Sheri, I saved those links to my favs so I can read them tonight.
You have no idea how good it feels to know others are suffering just like you. Not that I like you suffering, but you know what I mean.
I have a feeling that he doesn't believe it is adhesions. If he did, then he would know the pain doesn't just "go away" right?
WEll enough venting for tonight, tomorrow is a whole new day to do that

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register