Do you ever have second thoughts? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do you ever have second thoughts? Do you ever have second thoughts?

Unread 11-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Do you ever have second thoughts?

This may sound real crazy coming from me. After all, I have been more than ready to get this over with and reclaiming my life but here lately I am beginning to think that all the odds are against me and that maybe it is all in my head (the pain) so I was just about to call the doc and tell her to quit fighting with the ins co. I mean, it has been 2 months now and we haven't gotten the approval yet. They are dead set on not paying for the surgery and so knowing that we can't possibly pay for it out of pocket I am just ready to give up.

I had a really bad night of pain. To the point of nausea and restlessness. I couldn't get comfortable, I couldn't sleep, and I just wanted to sit and cry. Pathetic, huh? Pain med didn't touch it. I just want to scream. I know it isn't in my head. I know I have numerous problems and I want so much to feel better. But yet, I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel.

I am normally a very positive person but this thing has really gotten me down. At first I believed that all things would work out. Now I am just so frustrated it isn't funny.

Hubby called the hospital yesterday and talked to the guy there over the managed care services dept and he is "suppose" to be trying to help get this approved but hubby said this guy didn't seem so optimistic yesterday when he talked to him. So I think all hope is lost there for him to help us. So we will be back at square one. :hair:

I am just wondering if maybe I need to reconsider this whole thing. I know that sounds silly but it seems there are so many roadblocks in my way. I have yet to get around any of them and all I do anymore is just think about how to get the surgery approved and about how much pain I am in. Maybe if I came to the conclusion it isn't going to happen then things would get better. Sounds silly I know. I am just so confused right now.

Oh.......thanks for listening. I just wondered if anyone else ever felt this way before or if it was just me. Sometimes I just get so frustrated and I don't know what to do. Things never seem to go like they should. Can't explain it but I guess it is just my luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 09:16 AM

Sounds like you had a real bad night, I'm sorry. I hope things work out for the best. No one but you can make the decision on the surgery, (but sounds like your insurance company is trying). I just wanted you to know that we hear you. Sending Hugs and Prayers your way.

Cerri
Unread 11-16-2004, 09:26 AM

Hey honey,

You really do need some relief.

I just want you to consider one thing: Is there some feeling deep down that you're not worth spending thousands of dollars on?

This is why I ask: If I didn't have insurance, I'm afraid I wouldn't want to spend the big bucks on me no matter how much pain I was in, no matter how much my quality of life was being degraded, and no matter how much spending the big bucks would solve my problems.

I would really have to get some help to overcome those feelings. Part of me would know that I'm worth making payments on, even though it would be a hardship. But, that part deep down would really bark at me. That part would make me think that I'm not worth placing a finacial burden on my family. If you think you have some of that thinking going on, please do whatever you need to do to overcome it. The better angels of your nature know you're worth it.

As for the insurance company, is there something you still need to try before you meet the criteria for a hyst? Do you need to try a medical solution (like Provera or BCP) first? Is there some further test you could have to convince them? Is your doc adequately involved in getting this approved? Since it's been two months, I'm sure you've tried any number of things. I'm sorry if I'm just stomping over old ground here.

I'm sending this with every hope you can find some relief without going into hock. But, you're worth hocking everything if you have you.

Best of luck and blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Second thoughts?

Speaking only for myself I swore I would never have a hysterectomy because your uterus is so important to other functions in your body. Sadly that choice was taken from me. I was diagnosed with Uterine cancer and my best option was a TAH/BSO. I had second thoughts up that dianose and know I am actually happy I had it done. I had severe pain and irregular bleeding, now that is all behind me. I can't imagine why your insurance won't pay for it, but you don't say what your problems are. Have you be given other options? Have you considered any of them? Maybe a second opinion?

I do have you in my thoughts and prayers and I do hope it works out for you.

Hang in there and don't let the insurance make the decision for you.
Unread 11-16-2004, 11:22 AM

I have been following your insurance woes since you came on board and you are still in my prayers.

I am so sorry you are still having pain. I do agree with what was said here and that is...don't let the insurance company make your decision for you. Only you can make a decision like that.

Just remember that I support you and will continue to pray for you and your family.

Sending you many s!

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register