Endo and HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Endo and HRT

just went to the Dr . and she took a blood test.. i'm in menopause... she suggested Hrt.. i'm very nervous due to Endo...
what's the chance the endo will grow back i still have 1 ovary.
????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Endo and HRT

Well, it depends. Did you have endo on your remaining ovary that they burned off?
Since you are almost a year postop, not sure if there was any remaining endo that it would have had time to "dry out" since you weren't producing any estrogen from that remaining ovary.

I was started on HRT 3 weeks after HYST when they removed my last ovary and I had endo.
Unread 11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Endo and HRT

I had endo at hyst time...an ovary was left....endo came back...did 6 months of Lupron....6 weeks later had surgery and they found active endo again. NO HRT FOR ME!! The estrogen in the HRT can cause the endo to come back. Only you can decide if it's worth the risk for you. Good luck with your decision!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Endo and HRT

Hi, a hyst is not a cure even a with bso. It is not rare for it to come back. Endo is VERY persistant.Endo does not dry up. I do not know why some doctors say that. It also cannot be burned off. Burning it or lasering it only gets surface endo. It must be excised (cut completely out)
Didn't just post about severe pain you thought might be endo? Just beacuse you have low estrogen levels does not mean the endo is not growing. If you think you are having endo pain why would you take HRT? I am confused. Did you find out that was something else causing the pain?
I used HRT after my Hyst/bso and I the endo is back in full swing. I will never take HRT again. It is not worth the risks to me. Also, I had blood tests that made my Dr. believe I was entering meopause and we redid them, and they were wrong!That is my $.02.
Blessings,
Carrie
Unread 11-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Endo and HRT

I WENT TO THE DR. A FEW WEEKS AGO BECAUSE OF PAIN ON MY RIGHT SIDE
.. SHE SUGGESTED THAT IT MIGHT BE ENDO AGAIN SINCE I HAD ENDO ON THE LEFT OVARY. THE RIGHT OVARY WASN'T THAT BAD THEY REMOVED WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS ALL OF IT.... I WENT AGAIN BECAUSE I AM HAVING HOT FLASHES AND ALOT OF MOOD SWINGS... SHE TOLD ME THAT WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT THE BLOOD SUPPLY TO THE OVARY ISNT ENOUGH AND CAUSING IT NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY... AND THAT'S WHY I'M EXPERENCING MENOPAUSE SYMPTOMS... SHE DID TELL ME THAT HRT WILL HELP WITH THE HOT FLASHES,BUT I HAVE READ THAT ENDO LOVES ESTROGEN. I GUESS IT'S A "DOUBLE EDGE SWORD" I GUESS I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.. I CAN'T TAKE THE HOT FLASHES,BUT I DON'T WANT THE ENDO TO COME BACK.... ..I'M JUST SOOOOO CONFUSED!!!
Unread 11-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Endo and HRT

Is BIOIDENTICAL HRT an option? I'm scheduled to have a SAH BSO on 11/23. I had an emergency appedectomy from endo perforating my appendix. Anyway, my doctor suggested BIOIDENTICAL HRT. Her reasoning is that it can be completely tailored to my needs. Anyone with experience with that? Is that an option for you?
Unread 11-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Endo and HRT

NO, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT?
WHAT IS IT? I KNOW THERE ARE SOOOO MANY TYPES AND THEY ARE SO CONFUSING!!
Unread 11-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Endo and HRT

In my humble opinion, I would much rather have hot flashes and all the other menopause sympotoms than the return of endo. Women delt with menopause without HRT for millenia, so I think I can handle that. And HRT bio identical, even natural estrogen in herbal form, is too risky since it is what feeds your endo. Estorgen is stored in your fat cells, and there is enough there to cause endo problems long after a hyst or menopause. But if you did not have that much pain with endo, maybe the HRT is worth it. But for me I am going back under the knife in Jan or Feb because my endo is back. NO WAY will I ever do HRT again. I am now back on Percocet, thanks to HRT and ORS.
Carrie
Unread 11-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Endo and HRT

I am somewhat worried about the Bioidentical HRT, but the dosage seems to be small. I will be using a compound cream -1.25mg estrogen/40mg progesterone. But your point about estrogen being stored in other areas of our body is a good point.
Bioidentical apparently mimic the hormones that our body produces naturally. In a nutshell,they're derived from soy and yam and synthesized in a laboratory. On the web there are a lot of sites that explain what they are much better than I can, and a book I have "The Wisdom of Menopause" by Chris Northrup MD explains.

I am definitely scared about it coming back, the pain and where it was found on me is scary but I trust the doctor whom I'm seeing to listen to me, and I trust her judgement.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register