Leaking Urine at 3 1/2 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leaking Urine at 3 1/2 weeks? Leaking Urine at 3 1/2 weeks?

Unread 01-03-2001, 04:07 PM
Leaking Urine at 3 1/2 weeks?

After my TAH BSO on 12/11 I have had no bleeding, discharge whatsoever. No for the past 2 days, I am leaking urine, but only when I first get up in the morning. I figgure, if there was any damage done to my bladder, I should have been leaking all along. Does anyone experience this? Any idea what it could be? Gosh I hope I don't have to have another surgery to get this fixed. Before surgery I had asked my Dr. about bladder suspension. He told me he is not going to do anything to the bladder since there is no problem with it. I have heard that a suspension is a good idea, because it is not uncommon to leak urine due to the bladder dropping down after a hysterectomy. I am going to be so MAD if I have to go though this now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2001, 10:15 PM
Leaking

Rosi--
Put your mind at ease and call your dr. Tell him what you wrote here and let him decide whether or not it is normal.
I am just at 2 weeks post op and have had very little to no discharge. My bladder seems to cramp each time I go but have not had any leakage. I am sure you will feel much better once you talk to the dr. I am calling mine in the morning, too. Please let me know what yours tells you...remember, you are the one who knows your body the best and only you can tell if something doesn't feel right. Rest and let me know....
Hugs,
BoPeep
Unread 01-03-2001, 10:38 PM
me too

Dear Rosi,
I leaked before I had a tvh and when I had my consultation and I made my Dr aware of this. On the day of my surgery while I was being prepped for surgery I had mentioned about him fixing my bladder too and he said oh I dont do that sort of thing, but this hyst should make everything better well I still leak sometimes and it has been 2 weeks postop and I am starting to get worried too. I have my next checkup Feb 2 and if the problem has not gone away and it has to be fixed I am going to be one unhappy puppy here, so I totally understand how you feel about it should of been fixed while they were in there in the first place feeling. But I hope it is a normal thing too because I would really hate that. Lets hope together that its part of the adventures of hysterectomy 101
Take Care Tonya

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2001, 10:47 PM
You're not alone

Hi Rosie,

Don't be overly concerned. It appears that having some bladder leakage is normal. I'm little over a month crowned and have been having a problem too. I have some small leakage, like little droplets, when I sit down or if I'm standing with my legs close together. There are also days when I feel like I have a bladder infection. It's very annoying.

Like you I worried that something may be wrong, but when I saw my doctor for my first post-up checkup, he told me not to worry about it. That the problem can happen because your bladder becomes highly irritated during the surgery. When doing a hyst the doctor has to move the bladder out of the way and it does not like to be manipulated. Then of course the catherter further adds to the irritation as does the internal swelling that developes as you heal. In short your bladder gets poked, prodded and squeezed and it can take several weeks before it settles down.

So give yourself more time to heal and be sure to tell you doctor.

Take care and good luck. And may we both have a Happy and Dry New Year

Sherry
-----------
TAH (kept ovaries) 12/01/00

Unread 01-05-2001, 10:32 AM
Went to see the doctor

I had my 4 week checkup today. I told the dr about the leaking, he doesn't think anything is wrong, but doing a urine culture to make sure. I am just so unsure about everything since he never explaines anything to me if I don't ask. I am definatley changing dr's when I am done with this. Before surgery I asked him about leaving my cervix and he said no because it is a cancer spot. He asked me why I want to keep it and I said that I have heard that it makes for a more enjoyable sexlive. He said he doesn't know where I heard that from, but my cervix has nothing to do with my sexlife.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register