Just Wondering! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Wondering! Just Wondering!

Unread 11-18-2004, 07:10 AM
Just Wondering!

HI Everyone,
I posted the other day on the post op boards, but, i figured mine is definitely a "Bladder Matter".
Has anyone else had constant "Bladder infections " after surgery? I had a TVH, kept ovaries on July 20th. I had Uterine Prolapse. I had to have my Bladder taped up and extensive rectum repair. And, of course, now i have to deal with this...:cry: I did go to the Doctor Wednesday. I am (again) on a different antibiotic! The Doc. is still trying to find out what the bacteria is, that i have. Is there anyone else out there that has the same problem?
I don't regret my surgery at all with the prolapse! It was just awful to deal with.. But, it would sure be nice to not have "Infections"..
I have read alot of the posts on the site, and i think this is a "Great Site" with alot of wonderful people that are caring. I am so glad i found it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Just Wondering!

Hi, Princess!

I pretty much had a bladder infection from March until mid-October, due to extenuating circumstances. However, they did culture the strain of infection to see what antibiotic would work the best. It is annoying, isn't it? After all those antibiotics, I usually endedup with the lovely diflucan...once for like 7 days in a row!!

Hope they find what works for you! Drink lots of cranberry juice and water, too.

Hugs,
Dee
Unread 11-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Just Wondering!

Princess, I too have had infections since my surgery. My Dr. found Ecoli in the urnine culture. He has me on a three month series of macrobid antibiotic. He says he's not sure what to do with me at this point I have IC too. I went to a support meeting for IC and spoke with the lead researcher in the area of IC and urology in my area and he said that infections do not happen for no reason and that if I have Ecoli in the urine that most likely it is a fistula. He suggested that I have a barrium enima to see if it is leaking through to my bladder.

It's really never ending huh??? I too can't wait till this is all over with and I can live pain-free!!! Good luck I hope you find relief!

Dove
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Just Wondering!

Hi Princess,

I had constant infections after my first repair. It took 2 more surgeries to find the problem and fix it. I ended up having thick scar tissue form on the sides of my bladder causing it to not empty all the way. This is a very unusual place to have scar tissue so it was not found the first time the doc tried to correct the retention problems.

Good Luck,
Marla
Unread 11-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks All!

Hi,
Thanks for all the support and help you are giving me. I am right now in the process of finding the "Bacteria" or what ever it is that is causing the problem. Hopefully, i get to the bottom of it before long.
Thank You all for being there for me..I will let you know, if, i find out anything.

Princess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register