DAY 9 SEX - Another reason not to break the rules | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DAY 9 SEX - Another reason not to break the rules DAY 9 SEX - Another reason not to break the rules

Unread 11-18-2004, 08:15 AM
DAY 9 SEX - Another reason not to break the rules

Good Morning Ladies,

I am a new young Princess. I received my crown on November 1,2004 through TVH. I was able to keep my tubes/ovaries for now. I have read many posts and it seems that my reason for having this done is unique to everyone else. I chose to have this done at 22yrs old due to Chronic Pelvic Pain that came from scarring due to Chronic Pelvic Inflammatory Disease that I have been burdened with many times a year since I was raped at 12yrs old. Ok, now that my background is out of the way, here is my tiny piece of extra advice from my newfound experience.

I developed a UTI on day 4 inpatient after surgery among w/other complications. Was sent home on Macrobid. Needless to say, it was very hard emotionally on both of us as my hubby was/is doing his best to take care of our three little toddlers/preschooler.

The juicy details...... Day 9 : I was feeling relief from gas, bleeding, lessened pelvic tenderness, etc.
Hubby came in to check on my resting status and laid down to hold me in his arms. One little kiss lead to another and an hour later we had just set a "Break the Doctor's Orders" record. I was scared at first but he was very gentle and I couldn't believe the difference from pre-op! It felt great it didn't hurt, orgasm was better than ever and was achieved much faster then pre-op etc. I lightly spotted afterward but that was it. Since it went so smoothly, we have kept this up every couple days since.

Now, the bad news............. Having sex caused my UTI to not go away by re-forcing more bacteria by the uretha. Due to the infection raging, I have been severely nauseaous/vomiting. I have lost 14lbs in the past 7days and have become very dehydrated. I am now on potent anti-nausea pills that they use for chemo patients so that I can become rehydrated. Then, after that, they will start me on a stronger antibiotic for the UTI.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share my experience for those who are pondering the idea of "breaking the rules".

God Bless,

FallPrincess

TVH 11/01/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2004, 08:32 AM

Sorry to hear about the complications you are facing. No sense scolding you about the sex thing, seems you already realize what a mistake it was. I was wondering if you could tell me how you know if you have a UTI? What are the symptoms? Thanks.
Unread 11-18-2004, 08:37 AM

Well because I am so dehydrated, I didn't even know the UTI was still hanging around because I am barely peeing. I did notice I suddenly was having more pressure when I urinated. It didn't burn but felt as if I was going to pass something type pressure.

Another major give away was my pain level sky rocketing. I was just being able to get through the day on just motrin when all of the sudden the pain intensified and I could barely walkout being bent over. The pain feels like really bad period cramps.

If you have ANY concerns of a possible infection, I highly suggest you get checked. You don't want a simple infection to become out of hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2004, 08:49 AM

Is the test for UTI done thru a simple urine sample?
Unread 11-18-2004, 08:55 AM

FallPrincess
I think you post was a lesson to us all, who are craving Sex.
Think about it by all means but do not do it.
I am so sorry you are going through all this, it must be awful right now, but remember you will get over it.
I am almost 5 weeks post op and looking forward to the allclear at 6 weeks.

It is a lesson to us all. Wait until you get the all clear.
and
If you have the urge................ Take a cold shower hahahaha
Unread 11-18-2004, 09:52 AM

Shark,

Yes, you give a urine sample and they culture it to find out what bacteria it is and which medicine it will best respond to.
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:02 AM

My concern is that you are now having cramping type feelings and I am not so sure that they are related to the UTI.
It could very well be from the sex since day 9. You have a lot of stitches on your vagina and internally and I am afraid that you might have done some damage.
Did you go to the doc when all of this started or just call him about the nausea, etc?
Did you tell the doc that you had been having sex since day 9?
If not, he REALLY needs to know that...like I said, I think that pain/cramping you are feeling is more than the UTI.

For those ****** little princesses-----there is a reason that the docs tell us to not have sex until they say so. You wouldn't like the fact that your recovery is held back or you hurt something just for not being able to wait.
Of course, myDH told the doc that he makes up these rules to just make the DH crazy..LOL
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:03 AM

Ladyjo-

I love the quote on your sig!
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:14 AM

Hello

I am sorry you feel so bad. I know sometimes our emotions run away with us and we do things we know we shouldn't. I am sure you are not the only one.Just take it as a lesson well learned.
Sept. 15 I went to the ER, because I was so sick. I knew I had a bad gallbladder and figured this was what was causing the problem. They took a urine test and it came back positive for bacteria. This really shocked me because I had no burning,fever or any sharp pains. I was dehydrated, which I think was from a oral laxative I had taken 2 nights before for a IVP test. I hadn't been able to drink or eat because I felt so sick.The only pain I had was when the doctor in the ER pushed down on my lower abdoman. He said that wasn't normal, but it has felt that way every since my hyst. in May. I am hoping I do not have a bladder illness of some sort.
I hope you get feeling better soon. Alot of people told me the recovery from a hyst is not easy and boy did I learn what they said.
to all the sisters, if you feel something isn't right inside you, please let your dr. know. I had no idea I had the UTI, but knew I was sick and ended up in the hospital for 3 days.

take care and happy healing

Peggy
Unread 11-18-2004, 11:30 AM

Marian,

No, I didn't tell my doc about sex... I figured that since I am not bleeding bright red blood that I didn't do any damage.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register