Endometrial Ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Ablation Endometrial Ablation

Unread 11-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Endometrial Ablation

Hello....I am 45 and 1/2....have been fighting anemia....for a year or two...exhausted....

I had all the gastro tests they were negative....

I have been on iron for almost 3 months.....however my last two cycles.....have been Very Heavy with Large clotting!!!!

So my anemia snaps me back with more exhaustion....

I had an ultrasound today All positive my uterus is my age though....

So he is recomending "endometrial ablation"
It's that or more progestrium and the mini pill....Becaue I must fix my anemia...my iron storage ferritin level is a 4 ....it should be 10 to 220....

Anyway I was happy to here....this alternative...I hate to be on two drugs for easily 5 or 6 years.....

Let me know what you think????? Even if I have it done twice before I'm through menopause....I hate to take 2 medications for all those years...this sounds better to me!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Endometrial Ablation

Dear DONA:

Here is a link to our Resources Directory: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...n=browse&cid=2

Be sure to also check out this website/message board about ablation: http://home.att.net/~endometrial_ablation/

I hope this less-invasive option will be the right solution for you. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 11-20-2004, 08:05 AM
I tried it

Dona,

They did an Novasure Ablation on me in April. While it didn't work for me, if they think it would help, I would try it.

I had the day after off from work and felt guilty because I felt fine.

I think I remember the doctor saying that the effectiveness might depend on the size of the Uterus and mine was on the borderline, but they thought they should try it before the hysterectomy.

I think there are a number of different types of endometrial ablation, so be sure you know which one they are going to do. My understanding is the Novasure is fairly new.

By the way, I had the same problem (anemia) and I know how frustrating it can be. I felt like I was in a fog most of the time. So many people 'dismiss' it when they hear you are anemic (just eat better!) I don't think unless you've been through it for many, many months (2 years for me) that you can really understand how it affects your life!

I am now 3 days post-op from a LSH and feel pretty good. I had been on Lupron for 3 months prior which slowed the periods so I had started to feel better anyway.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Endometrial Ablation

Dona,

I also had a Novasure ablation on May 24, 2004 which also failed for me but it is possible have adenomyosis which could be why it failed. I also have fibroids. I had my EA on a Monday and could've gone to work Tuesday but I wasn't allowed to drive for 24 hours after anesthesia and surgery was at 12:30 p.m., it was nice to stay home and rest anyway, I went to work on Wednesday and after work went to the park and walked 3 miles. I did have almost labor like cramps for 5-6 hours immediately after but then no other pain other than a little tenderness. There is like a 35% chance you will never have a period again and 60% chance your periods will be reduced to being spotty 2-3 days a month which combined gives you a 90% chance of EA solving your problem. There are many types of EA's: Novasure, microwave, hydrothermal, cryoablation, rollerball, just to name a few but the all destroy the lining of your uterus with the theory no more lining to shed-no more bleeding, Unfortunately, there is the 10% of us that EA doesn't work on and we have to move on to what is best for us to give us out life's back. One other thing though EA is not birth control, because your ovaries are still there and working and your uterus is still there it is possible to get PG however with no lining the embryo has nowhere to implant except directly into the uterus which causes the placenta to grow legs into and through the uterusand is very, very dangerous for both mother and baby and normally these pregnancies would have to be terminated so if you haven't had your tubes tied you might need to consider this at the same time or you would still have to take BCP's.

Be sure to go to the web site twsmilng mentioned above for the EA message board. They are just like hystersisters except for EA. They referred me on to here once SAH was inevitable.

Good luck with whatever you decide. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Cindy
Unread 11-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Thank You....

Wow...thanks to all your posts...I had a tubal 11 years ago...so PG is not a possiblilty......

It's so nice to hear other peoples similar posts.....like the anemia....

Taking iron is only a bandaid for me....because each month I return to total exhaustion.....but at least with taking the iron...I'm not zonked all the time.....

I will let you all know the date....I have this and keep you advised how it all goes....

Thanks!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register