cystocele surgery? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cystocele surgery? cystocele surgery?

Unread 11-21-2004, 07:31 PM
cystocele surgery?

Hi sisters
I found out I have a rectocele. My gyn said it is only a level 1, but he checked me out lying flat on my back, without straining or pressure. I feel very uncomfortable most of the day.I can look in a mirror and see the rectocele clearly when straining. I am on my feet alot and feel the pressure in my vagina all of the time and I seem to keep a backache. My dr. suggested doing kegels, but so far it hasn't helped. My dr. told me a couple weeks ago he will do the rectocele repair if I want him to. At this point I think I do. I can't stand this discomfort anymore. My abdoman hurts so much, especially around my incision from all of the straining. When on my feet at times I take a step and a terrible shocking, stabbing pain travels up through my vagina. It hurts so much. I am also having problems having a BM. I have been having this problem since my hyst 6 months ago. I had a impaction at 4 weeks. My stole is soft, but I just can't seem to go and am miserable.. I have gone the last four days not being able to go. I've been on fiber since my surgery. My hemorrhoids inflate terribly when I strain to move my bowels. I can't even get liquid from a enema to go in. My gyn has referred me to a colon rectal surgeon.He wants to see if something else is wrong too, before discussing rectocele surgery. I go Wed. and am afraid something is wrong up there. I hurt up on the left side in there. All of my pain, abdominal gurgling and thumping is on the left side. I just don't know what it could be.
I am unlike you, that I never feel much of a urge to urinate. My bladder was stuck to my uterus and abdominal wall by adhesions. He had to basically scrape my uterus off of my bladder. I am very tender in my abdominal area where my bladder is. Whenever pressure is applied it hurts. I don't know what may be wrong. I do know I have lots of scar tissue from my 4 c sections and hyst. I saw it on the tape of my GB surgery, which was 2 months ago.My gyn said I may need to see a urologist. GOODY, just what I want!
I am also experiencing a itching, stinging feeling on the sides of my vagina. I took a look there with a mirror too. I can see thinning of the skin, which looks like little holes located on both sides just under the urethea?( thing urine comes out of). Is this normal or another problem????
Does life ever get back to normal or do we continue to fall apart??
Enough whining. I am sorry, but have so many questions and no answers so far. I hope to get some answers when I go Wed.
Maybe if we put our experiences together we may find a answer.

Thanks for listening
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2004, 07:48 PM
cystocele surgery?

Peggy,

I am sorry that you feel so much discomfort, you must feel awful!

I had a rectocele surgery 16 months ago and am having alot of the same rectal/bowel symptoms that you are having.

Could you let me know how it goes at your appt with the colorectal doctors. I think I may have to visit one sometime soon,
so would like to get any info I can.

Do you take any hrt?

Thanks,

Jan
Unread 11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Jan

Hi Jan,
I had an appointment with my GYN today. I am trying Kegals along with Premarin Creme for six weeks. If it doesn't work, then I am going to have an anterior repair for a cystocele. I have a slight rectocele, but the GYN said she feels it is better to leave it alone as it is slight and she believes it may make it worse. She tried having me wear a pessary and it seem to help the bladder issue, but hurt the rectum area. I couldn't even go to the bathroom with it in. So, I plan on doing Kegals religiously, along with using the Premarin Creme. Hope it works. I am afraid to have repairs if I can avoid them... Hope things work out for you.
Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2004, 11:52 PM
cystocele surgery?

Annie,

That sounds like a good way to go.
I like your gyn's conservative approach to surgery.
The premarin cream should be helpful, and try to do some walking too!
Let me know how it goes.

Best wishes,
Jan

p.s. I think you are going to get better!
Unread 11-24-2004, 02:49 AM
cystocele

Thanks Jan for all of your support. I am praying this will work. I'll let you know what the outcome is. At least I have the holidays without recovering from another surgery. I have had three surgeries in three years. The other was a broken ankle and it's repairs. This is getting rather old. I am sure everyone on this site understands that feeling... Thanks again, and best wishes to you! Annie
Unread 11-24-2004, 06:39 AM
cystocele surgery?

To to reassure you if you have to go ahead with surgery - it;s not all bad! I am so pleased I had mine done...mu surgeon did a terrific job and I feel so much more comfortable.
Unread 11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Scriv

Hi, thanks for the reassurance. Hope I don't have to have surgery, but it helps to know that it is sometimes a good thing. I noticed that it says you have had a "second repair." Do you mind telling me what happened? Not to be nosey, but the Dr. said that sometimes these repairs don't work. I am just trying to get all the info I can. Thanks, Annie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register