Agony again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Agony again!

Aaarrrgh! :hair: I guess I just want to vent here. Four weeks post op from adhesion surgery and I am in AGONY again. I have this "torn muscle feeling" from the middle of the left side of my rear end radiating over and downward to where my leg meets my rear end. This went on for 2 years and at one point got so severe that I couldn't sit down. I went to the GP then got a steroid shot and pills and Lortab 10 mg which barely provided any relief until a few days into the steroids. I feel like I'm headed there again as my Lortab 5mg are leaving me barely able to sit still. I see my PM doc on Monday (she isn't in the office today) and am out of my muscle relaxers. I'm confused.....could adhesions in my pelvic area be causing this pain in the rear (no pun intended)??? I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Agony again!

I'm sorry you are in agony and your PM is out of the office. Does the PM have an oncall doctor?
Unread 11-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Agony again!

The office for the whole group is closed today. Their policy is you have to have an appointment to get RX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Agony again!

I thought all doctors had to have someone on call - except perhaps dermatologists. So, if your pain becomes unmanagable after 5 or on the weekends, what are you to do?
Unread 11-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Agony again!

I would guess my only option would be to go to the ER. I really, really, really don't want to do that. Another 30 minutes and I can go home and hit the bed and my heating pad. Maybe that in combo with the Lortab will get me through until my appointment on Monday. TGIF!

I guess I'm just frustrated to be dealing with the same pain a mere 4 weeks post op.
Unread 11-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Agony again!

Well, when you do get home, try and relax with that heating pad. If you do need to go to the ER don't hesitate. Its not your fault your PM took off with no coverage. I can't do that at my job and no one's quality of life is hanging in the balance if I am out.

Take care and keep us posted.

Unread 11-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Agony again!

(((billssweetie))))

You know how I feel and you know I am soooo sorry! I bet the heating pad will help, you might have to move it around to hit all the spots though. Set your alarm to take the Lortab exactly on time, even if you fall asleep. well you know that already.
Have you got any bengay or anything like that? that might help a little bit too. I am trying to think of things for ya hun. I know if you have a contract with your PM doc, you can't take anything they didn't prescribe. One of my friends took a benadryl once and it just so happened to be the day before her drug testing at PM doc and it showed up andhe got extremely mad. He told her that she should have called if she needed to take something for her allergies.
I don't know if yours is that strict or not.
Try the heating pad and maybe some bengay and take your meds and I will pray that it helps.
If you are up later and feel up to it, post how you are doing.

Take care twin!
Unread 11-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Agony again!

Billssweetie,

I am so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. The heating pad helps me when I am really sore. Give it a try, it may add some releif. If it gets to bad, please go to the ER, maybe they can call your PM doctor to prescibe something for you if you go in.

Kim
Unread 11-20-2004, 03:39 AM
So sorry

I am so sorry you are dealing with pain again!! How frustrating!!

I live in a small town and our doctors rotate weekends. Maybe someone is familiar with your case at your hospital. I would call ER and see if they will tell you who is the ER doctor on call. Or if you do go to ER, you can tell the doctor and they may call your doctor at home. I work in a clinic and I see that alot. After looking at your medical records, they'll have a good idea at whats going on and they usually call each other to confer.

I am sorry you are suffering so much, but dont be afraid to go to ER and have someone help you. It's not worth laying around in so much pain.

Peace be with you, Cheryl
Unread 11-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Agony again!

Thanks ladies! I assume that if I had gone in to ER they would have called my PM doc as I am under a contract with her when it comes to narcotics. (Doesn't include OTC meds or non narcotic Rx.)

Yesterday was TOUGH and I spent most of it in bed with my heating pad....taking my Lortab without fail, reading and dozing. In looking at a book on trigger points, I did find out that where I'm hurting is called the piriformis and that trigger points in your belly CAN cause you to hurt in your hips and back. Will have this info in hand as well as my OP and Path reports when I go to see the PM doc at 1:00. Keep your fingers crossed for me that things go well, please.

I'm still open to suggestions on how to explain this on-going pain to her besides simply saying, "I hurt like **** and what I'm doing ain't gettin' it!" ????????????????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register