Sunday Sunday..........November 21st | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sunday Sunday..........November 21st Sunday Sunday..........November 21st

Unread 11-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Sunday Sunday..........Sept 21st

Good morning BEST ladies --

Just a quick note to say Hi and start out our day.

DH got up at 4:00 a.m. (ugh) and left early for his fishing tournament.

I've taken the dogs for a walk (at times it was more of a run). I'm going to go put together another crosstitch project I completed, it's a clock, will have a crosstitched beagle at the bottom) and have some breakfast, and then get ready to go to the theatre (doesn't that sound sophisticated ) to see Menopause The Musical with a friend. Will grab something light before I head out the door,to hold me thru the show (yogurt and fruit maybe) and after the show we're going out to dinner........so breakfast and lunch will be OP but not sure what dinner will be.

Yesterday's roast came out really good, nice and tender and yummy gravy...........that recipe is definitely a keeper. Lots of leftovers for dh to eat when he gets home tonight.........it'll probably be tomorrow night's dinner too!!

Have a great day everyone, do something fun today!!

HUGS --
Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Smile - Sunday Sunday..........November 21st Sunday Sunday..........November 21st

Good afternoon all!
A quick post on the Off to lunch with the DH, DDs and DsD. Will post again later, if DH not continuing to :snort: the computer
A great big to all!
Unread 11-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Sunday Sunday..........November 21st

Good morning Annie & Frannie!

Oh Ann, The theater! Gosh, a lipstick event you big grown up, you! Have a wonderful time at the show!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

fran, enjoy your lunch out with the family. Sounds great!

We didn't do the roast chicken dinner with the in-laws yesterday, it will be tonight instead. So supper will be mmm mmm good & I'll be OP. Drank too much pop & coffee yesterday, today needs to be heavy on water. Will walk outside a bit.

Not much else to report...a lovely, dull day planned. Ahhh.

s all around, BEST gals! Thanks for everything & good luck with your OP day today!

xena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2004, 07:38 AM

Good Morning to All:

((Ann)), I can't wait to see that show. It sounds like great fun from what I have read about it. Have a wonderful time!

((Xena)), warrior princess of home improvement, Glad to see you are planning to enjoy a nice lazy day.

((Fran.K)), I think sharing a computer is worse than sharing a car. We finally had to go to his and hers computers to keep peace in our house...

As for me, one Thanksgiving dinner down and two more to go. I made it through unscathed last night, in spite of the fact that the menu was a BEST worst nightmare. I kept looking for a green veggie but there were none to be found. There was turkey, dressing, rolls, gravy, mashed potatoes, yams with marshmallows and pumpkin pie with ice cream for desert. :snort: Fortunately there were some celery and carrot sticks with dip out for appetizers so I tried to fill up on those and water. Yikes, I hope tonight isn't as challenging. I ended up eating my lunch late in the afternoon so I wasn't too terribly hungery at dinner time.

Had yogurt and banana for breakfast today and am heading in to do battle with that avalanche of summer clothes I mentioned yesterday. Promised DH that the "snow removal team" would plow the area today. Wish I had a St. Bernard with a flask. That would make it a bit more fun.

Lunch will be something light and dinner will be (drumroll).....THANKSGIVING AGAIN!!!!!

Dh is off to drive in a Christmas Parade. He is involved in the local Mustang owners club and they bring their cars and drive in the Parage each year (not sure why the Christmas parade is before Thanksgiving). Anyway I will have the house to myself.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Peggy
Unread 11-21-2004, 08:59 AM

Good Morning Ann,Fran. Xena and Peggy and to all that follow.
Had a very busy day yesterday.Raked leaves(still not done as I ran out of leaf bags) did 5 loads of laundry cleaned out closets and drawers.Peggy I too now have a pile of summer clothes to go through but will pack some for my trip.Guess the rest will wait until I get back.
I did get my water in yesterday and with all the physical work I got a good work out, Today I will finish up what I didn't get to yesterday.Dh invited his mother and sister over for a pre birthday dinner(mil bday is Tuesday) How nice of dh.So he will be cooking dinner tonight,he he.

Ann: Enjoy the musical.

Fran: enjoy your family time today

Xena: Nice to have a quiet day for a change huh? You are always so busy.relax and enjoy!!!!!

Peggy. YOu will be all turkeyed out before Thanksgiving.Must be hard to stay op but it sounds like you are so keep up the good work!!

Well ladies back to salt mines.Must finish my housework before mil gets here.Have a great day!!
Unread 11-21-2004, 10:17 AM

Oh ((((Ann))))) What's the catch? Did I miss anything? I just know that today is not my

Yesterday, DH and I, with a bit of help from DD and DS, started putting up our outdoors X-Mas decorations: we have to do it before it snows, in order to ensure that all the wiring is as hidden as it can be So we got the big evergreen tree decorated (it's a blue Juniper that stands about 10 feet high!!). Today, we'll finish with the other tree and putting up the "grazing" deer and it's "picket fence". It's going to be fun and it is an outdoor activity that, I hope, burns a few calories.

Food has been OP and will be OP again today: it has to be as tomorrow is scale day!!!!

((((Ann))))) That play sounds awesome. I do hope you have a good time attending it.

((((Fran)))) Do enjoy your lunch with the family.

(((Xena))) That roast with the family does sound Hmm, Hmm, Good!!!

(((Peggy)))) It is hard staying OP at those gatherings!!! One trick is to eat, as OP as can be, before. That way, you don't get there famished and can choose the foods you will eat. Good luck with the next ThanksGiving dinner.

(((MissVal))) Wow, you have been busy. I do hope that you enjoy your trip!!!

Well... I'm off to my OP lunch of eggs with tomatoes and then back to the decorating!!!
Unread 11-21-2004, 10:36 AM

good afternoon gals! I did take a 3 hour "nap" yesterday after I posted to recover my lost sleep, and I did have a healthful early dinner, and I did go to bed at 11:30 ... so the day definitely turned around for me, but man does getting so little sleep just throw me all off all day.

Today, breakfast was oatmeal with apples & applie spice and chopped pecans. Lunch, will be some soup with half a sandwich, dinner not sure ... I need to take a look at what's in the pantry. Heading to Atlanta monday night for the holiday (well and to have my car serviced, and my usual gyn appointment and mamogram), so there's no grocery shopping in my future for the next few days, and will have to make do with what I've got. (should be decent).

I did bake some cookie this morning, and will be baking some more this evening. I decided to try the Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking stuff. I made snickerdoodles figuring that would be a true test of if this stuff is any good since sugar is the 2nd main ingredient behind flour. I don't think you can tell that I didn't use sugar. The taste and texture are as these cookies always turn out. YUMMY. DSw will get to try them Tuesday, and some oatmeal raisin cookies are going to his office. Should have more feedback soon.

Desk: Hope you and DH like pilates! What tape are you trying out? I use the Windsor pilates tapes when I can't get to the gym and take the class ... but man I remember my first pilates class. It seemed so passive, but man was I sore the next day!

Ann: Hope you've enjoyed your evening at the theater (fancy schmancy)

Xena: yummmm. Enjoy your dinner with family!

Peggy: enjoy your thanksgiving dinner heheheheh again. How many do you do?

Back to my boxes I go. I'm down to just organizing the ones that stay packed in the spare closets and collapsing the boxes. YAY!

have a BEST day!
BSQ
Unread 11-21-2004, 01:34 PM

Good Afternoon BEST Friends

Slow day here in BEST land. Everyone must be out getting their holiday shopping done before black friday.

DH and youngest DD went to a shooting match early this AM and arn't back yet. Hummmmm wonder what they are up to? I was expecting them at lunch time.

Went out and raked leaves and more leaves and even more into big piles. Still have a bit to do in the side yard, then gather um up on a tarp to put into our mulching pile. DH grinds them up into a fine mulch for the flower beds in the spring. And to think I haven't even touched the front yard yet. But the leaves on the Bradford pear haven't finished falling yet. So I refuse to do it twice. At least I got in some much needed excerise today doing yard work.

Bkft was cream of wheat with 1% milk and oj. Lunch was the left over sheppards pie and tea. And dinner will be homemade veal parmasian. DH has been asking for it, so bought fresh veal yesterday. Boy was that expensive. But he doesn't like the frozen patties - says they taste like cardboard.

Oldest DD found an apartment to move into Dec. 1st. So helped her unpack her car of some things to stay here until the move is done. She is afraid they will get broken if she puts them into the moving truck. So up/down the stairs I went. Do they ever leave and stay left??????

OK - off to finish my book I've been reading. It's been good - the author is an interesting story teller. Not usually the type of thing I read, but I've enjoyed it. Annie Rivers Siddons "Up Island". Oh yea, the scale is still stuck at 186lbs. Maybe the leaves will help with the 1 more I need to have made my next goal? We'll see tomorrow.

Hugs to all -
Melissa
Unread 11-21-2004, 02:04 PM

Good afternoon, all!

This day is just flying by...

Melissa, if you like that book - try Outer Banks.

BSQ, been here 22 years and it seems we still have boxes that were never unpacked - you know they mutiply in dark places, don't you?

Dany, decorating is such fun exercise!

Val, have a fun vacation!

Peggy, good idea - filling up on the veggie sticks!

Xena, you have a glass of water in your hand??? Thanx for the reminder, btw!

Fran, hope you're having a fun Sunday.

Ann, have a great time - sounds like a great show!

I was OP yesterday and will be today. Exercise was the walk to get the paper with DH this morning. Bfast was COB, lunch - chicken, dinner is going to be tacos.

My favorite new food of the week - Fuji apples. They are wonderful this year - sweet and juicy.

Hope you're all having a great OP weekend!
Unread 11-21-2004, 04:41 PM

Oops, I goofed -- it is November, isn't it?!? Ok I just changed the title of today's thread to show the correct month..........talk about

The Menopause The Musical show was GREAT and I do recommend if it's playing anywhere near you, go see it for lots of laughs.........believe me, you can so totally relate!!

And no, I wasn't OP........breakfast and lunch were, but we went to Cheesecake Factory after the show, and while my sandwich was sorta OP (chicken and avocado, which were ok, but the bacon and cheese probably weren't) and I only ate half of it, I also ate some of my fries, and half a piece of coffee Heathbar cheesecake........but you can't go to Cheesecake Factory and not have cheesecake!!

So tomorrow...........it's back to OP meals, because we all know what Thurs will bring along with the turkey.........

BTW I was going to buy some of the Splenda or Equal sugar blend to have around for baking..........but I've gotta admit, cheapskate that I am, that I thought the price was kinda high compared to sugar.........and decided to forget it. But like BSQ I found that the Equal stuff did well in cookies too.........couldn't tell the difference from when I use regular sugar.

Nite all!!

's

Ann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register