second thoughts? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

second thoughts? second thoughts?

Unread 11-22-2004, 01:18 PM
second thoughts?

I know I am making the right decision by having a hysterectomy because I want to feel better but lately (at times) I feel I shouldn't do it. If I have a good day without pain, etc., I have second thoughts about surgery. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Maybe because my surgery is quickly approaching I feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 01:19 PM
second thoughts?

yeah ive had tons of 2nd thoughts but cant go on wiv the pain and bleeding any more.
Unread 11-22-2004, 01:32 PM
second thoughts?

At the time we scheduled my TAH I was bleeding pretty much all the time -- this after having an endometrial ablation two years ago for extreme bleeding. Also, when we scheduled my TAH, my doctor put me on Provera. The last month has been good and like you, I wonder if I really need the hyst. Okay, mentally, I know I do. Provera is a very short term thing - not something I can take for the next few years until my body finally decides menopause is a good idea. And when I look at things sensibly, even my current "good" is not good for most people. I'm just grateful to be bleeding only two weeks a month instead of all but a day or two.

But gee, wouldn't it be nice if all our problems would just go away and we could avoid surgery? :-)

lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2004, 01:35 PM
second thoughts?

Yes, I have second thoughts daily. If I go for a short period without any pain, I think maybe this is all in my head, but I know it will al return and needs to be done............
Unread 11-22-2004, 02:11 PM
second thoughts?

Me Too! Especially since we seem to have the pain under control with a new hormone patch. However, this patch makes me sick to my stomach for the first few days that I'm wearing it, and that reminds why I'm doing all this. Tire of the pain, bleeding, and tummy upset all the time.

I think it's normal to have 2nd thoughts when you're facing any major decision. I can't wait to get through my recovery and be a new and healthy me!

Hang in There!!

Unread 11-22-2004, 02:25 PM
second thoughts?

I understand exactly what each one of your are feeling. I too have had success the last 2 weeks due to Provera. Yeah, no bleeding but I decided to quit taking it because of the extreme headache I kept getting and my blood pressure kept going up (the doctor warned me about that) I keep thinking I'm making a mistake and should just wait and see if I start bleeding extrememely heavy-almost to the point of hemorraging again. My pre-op is in Wednesday and the surgery is scheduled for December 7. I wish you all a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

Julie
Unread 11-22-2004, 03:27 PM
second thoughts?

Julie,

Having been through the bleeding to the point of needing four units of blood, I can speak from experience when I say I don't want to ever get that bad again. Severe anemia is no fun -- my doctor even made me stay off work for two weeks after that lovely episode. It's one of the reasons I went back to the doctor when I started bleeding every day back in June. It wasn't a lot of blood, but I knew where I was headed. And it's why I didn't put up much of a fight about needing a hysterectomy. I tried everything I could -- especially since it's likely I have adenomyosis and nothing except the hyst is going to solve my problems.

Luckily, the Provera is helping me get by, since I wanted to wait several months to have surgery. I had plans in Sept, Oct, and Nov, plus the incentive that if I could wait until after Dec 10 I would get full pay while out of the office. But getting by is all I'm doing -- despite the occasional gremlin that says "you're not miserable right now -- why have a hysterectomy?"

Now if I could just lick the bronchitis I acquired a couple weeks ago. That's all I need -- to have to reschedule because I'm sick!

lisa
Unread 11-22-2004, 04:45 PM
second thoughts?

SECOND THOUGHTS.........SURE I DO..I SEEM TO HAVE A COUPLE GOOD .PAIN FREE DAYS AND I THINK IS THIS NECESSARY?? BUT THE FIRST PELVIC PAIN I HAVE OR WHEN THE BACKACHES ARE SO WICKED THAT THEY WAKE ME UP FROM A SOUND SLEEP--I TELL MYSELF...WHEN IS MY SURGERY AGAIN...SO YES I THINK 2ND THOUGHT ARE PERFECTLY NORMAL........................THINK POSITIVE AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU..

MY SURGERY IS THIS FRIDAY 11/26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-22-2004, 05:09 PM
second thoughts?

Yes, second, third and so on. No one really wants surgery but everyone wants to feel better.
It's very normal for you to have these thoughts. But....with the endo that you have, I'd be afraid not to have the surgery. Endo seems so destructive wrapping itself around the bowel, ovaries, etc. that I'd want that stuff out-of-me!
Best of luck and hang in there!
Maralyn
Unread 11-22-2004, 06:04 PM
second thoughts?

You know I think we all wouldn't be human if we didn't have second thoughts. If I just wake up and get out of bed in the morning, I have second thoughts. For 11 yearsnow my ex-h said I was a Hypercondriac. "She's always sick with something." He would say. I have been sick since I was 10 years old with female problems. Its a miracle I have had 4 healthy children. (I was told it was not possible) but, I did. My sister nor one of my brothers can have children, I think it was the atmosphere we lived in. My sister has Endo. it starilized her, and brother has a low count. But, we grew up in a filthy, run down 2 bd house with mice and roaches. There were 6 kids and my folks. So, second thoughts mostly are of thinking it may just be in my head--I probly just want attention (like I have always been told).
I know better, but I still think about it. So, lets get the help we ALL deserve and be the best princess we can be.....

Sorry, for rambling on I got carried away in my thoughts. (Its the blood loss) At least its good for an excuse. Ok, not really.

Sister in twilite zone sometimes,
Leslie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register