sex afterwards? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sex afterwards? sex afterwards?

Unread 12-01-2004, 07:17 PM
sex afterwards?

I was released Monday of this week; TAH/BSO, no other repairs; healed wonderfully too; I have not tried sex yet.. (ok, single and not really thinking along those lines right now... LOL ) but one thing the Dr. said was... 'if it hurts, stop!" "If there is any bleeding, not just a pink tinge, call my office immediately."...

I love my Dr.

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2004, 07:32 PM
sex afterwards?

Just wanted to share my sex life, too! Feeling a little left out. Precious Pearl already read about my stitches...we weren't released for the mating season until week 9 and waited until week 10. We took it very slow and I had no pain at all. I was having the time of my life, really enjoying myself when I noticed my DH wincing! The stitches were hurting him but he said that I was having such a good time he didn't want to ruin things for me! I love him. I had no bleeding and felt fine. We waited about 4 days and tried again. Not so good the 2nd (and 3rd) time. I had a lot of pain, spotting and could feel him tugging on the stitches. DH said it was like a little devil poking him out of there. I see the dr tomorrow so I'll know more about these stitches. DH and I find something to laugh about...just makes it easier.
Take care.
Meg
Unread 12-01-2004, 08:09 PM
sex afterwards?

Wow! What a response! Went to the Dr. Yesterday to find out why the pain. Because of the surgery, past deliveries, stretching etc. She did some tightening and that I should massage the perianum (spelling ?) with Vitamin E or A&D ointment to help break up the scar tissue underneath and "that with time things will be better" Vaginal cuff looked ok I guess because she took a peek inside. Said length and width was "sufficient". Just to massage the area, lubricate and be patient! Massaging the area has made it tender, not painful so it might be a few more days before we actually "do the deed" (blush) Thanks goodness that like several others here have mentioned, I have a most patient loving perfect husband for me.I guess all the stitches have dissolved inside? we'll find out if not!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 09:17 PM
sex afterwards?

We tried sex at 10 weeks post TAH/BSO( 9/15 surgery date), cleared at 9 but vaginal cuff still not totally healed, silver nitrate applied for 2nd time. so gave it another week. Was very painful and hurt badly for 3-4 hrs after than, felt twinges of pain for 2 days as well with bloody serous discharge. So if it occurs again i will see MD, that is when brave enough to try SEX again!!!! Jillian

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register