Anyone else have an easy recovery..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have an easy recovery..... Anyone else have an easy recovery.....

Unread 11-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Anyone else have an easy recovery.....

or am I just weird?!

I had my surgery and 4 days later moved my entire house by myself from MD to VA {with some help from my dad}. I felt great the day after I got home! Maybe it's because I'd had 3 c-sections {all easy recoveries}. *shrugging* My friends all think I must be nuts to have recovered to easily. I just keep telling them that I never knew how sick I truly was and after the surgery I have felt SOOOOO GREAT! It's a totally different life not having cramping every day {since AF started when I was 12 so that was 18yrs ago}; and that AWFUL feeling that AF would arrive at any moment every day for the past 12 yrs - even while on the pill AND while pg!

So am I alone???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2004, 11:57 AM

I had a great recovery, but not enough to move an entire house right after surgery. Please be careful... as they say- you only have 1 chance to heal correctly.

I see you moved to Northern VA. I lived in SPFLD for most of my life- until 1987.... small world!
Unread 11-26-2004, 11:59 AM

my Dh works in Springfield!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2004, 01:38 PM

Hi Heather your not alone , I was blessed with a text book recovery , No discharge ( I even posted because I was concerned) No infection, my incision looked great at 1 week post op even the Dr was impressed ( I have always been a fast healer)
No sleeplessness , thank god sleep deprevation is bad for you physically and mentally ( I guess that's why it was used as a torture for POW's) lost weight , my mood is great ,I feel so positive and full of hope ( I know that might sound corny but after years 15+ of suffering to feel this good is a true BLESSING) I could go on and on but I' sure you know what I mean. I'm on HRT and the pros outway the cons for me, I'm glad I didn't have one more day of feeling as bad as I did pre op ( had menopause symptoms for many months , thought I was losing my mind)
It is OK to feel this good , if I felt any better I'd be dangerous, probably to myself, don't think bunji jumping is allowed at 11 weeks post op
Hope you continue to feel "FANTASTIC" you deserve it ...we all do

Wendygai
Unread 11-26-2004, 01:51 PM

Heather:

OK, do you mean you supervised? As in you packed light stuff in boxes and the movers did all the lifting and loading? That I could believe.

Moving sofas, and beds, etc ... I don't believe anyone would risk their health like that. If you did and you came through it OK, then you are very blessed indeed ...angel on your shoulder to be sure.

Please clarify what you meant by "moved your house" some of us are do it yourselfers and it would mean we were loading up a UHaul. If you had movers to do the heavy lifting ....great.

Respect your body and give yourself permission to fully heal. Sometimes we feel really great and then overdo and pay for it later! I know you'd like this great new healthy feeling to last.

Peace and love.
Unread 11-26-2004, 03:02 PM

Yep, I sure feel I did. I was riding the lawnmower at 2.5 weeks and cutting the grass, I painted the kitchen at 5 weeks, and raking all the leafs in the backyard at 7 weeks. I had cooked a full meal for canadian thanksgiving after 3 weeks. Believe me I'm not complaining, must have been the practise with teh c sections.
Unread 11-26-2004, 06:18 PM

I am one week post-op and am feeling very good. I had surgery on Friday the 19th and was released from the hospital Saturday the 20th at 1 p.m. I stayed with my Mom for a day or two but felt remarkably well. I have had very little spotting and now only take my pain meds at night. I am tired but that seems to be the biggest thing I have noticed. I am glad to see that there are others out there who have had such an easy recovery!!! Thanks for sharing your info and I am sooooooo thankful for this site!
Unread 11-26-2004, 07:46 PM

I've had a very good recovery. Overdid it a couple of times, but learned! Had a few blue days, but they passed. No pain meds since 1 week post op. (Now if I could just sleep!)

DH is a marvelous helper. I've taken recovery as a serious task (have to use the Type A personality for something!)... I went into surgery as "fit" as I could be from exercise and trying to eat right.
Unread 11-26-2004, 08:03 PM

I have also had a great recovery, but am not ready or willing to move a house yet! My fatigue and pain has been minimal and the spotting has not been remarkable. My C Section, over 15 years ago, was a similar experience, minimal pain and quick recovery.

I do agree with the other comments though about not over-doing it, especially with lifting or straining. A wrong move could set your recovery back and that would be a shame.

Good luck on your continued recovery and recent move!
Unread 11-27-2004, 01:34 PM

*lol*

Dh moved the large stuff the week before. My dad and I just had to get the clothes, kitchen, and boxes. {and climb 2 flights of 14 stairs in each direction}. Yes I know I'm weird. But after having had 3 c-secs where I came home and had to do everything I guess I'm just used to easy recoveries.

{Oh and I had no post-surgical bleeding either. In the recovery room I heard my RN talking to the Dr and he said "Yeah she's actually recovering like the textbooks say!"}

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register