not doing so good :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not doing so good :( not doing so good :(

Unread 11-28-2004, 12:46 PM
not doing so good :(

Sorry to hear about your problems. I too have pain in my right side and they have no definate diagnosis possibly the start of crohns disease! I hope your tests turn out ok and fingers crossed and good wishes to you.

Looby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2004, 02:54 AM

((Lynn)) I best wishes for your appointment going well today and that you get some news you can start working with to get your health back.

Unread 11-30-2004, 07:58 AM

Lynn:

You are in my . How did the tests go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 08:29 AM

I had an ultrasound done yesterday (internal pelvic and external). The good news is that my doctor does not see a tumor. He suspects the problem is from more adhesions - they are constricting part of my bowel and causing some nerve problems too.

The current plan is to try a few weeks of pelvic massage to see if the adhesions can be stretched and loosened up. Hopefully this will help; if not I will need to have more surgery. I have my first appointment with the therapist this afternoon. I have heard form several people that deep pelvic massage can be helpful - I pray it works for me because I sure don't want or need more surgery.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Unread 11-30-2004, 08:42 AM

Oh, Sweetie, you are in my thoughts and

I do hope that the massage helps, but if surgery is the answer, then I hope that is mends your troubles and that this is the last one you ever have to have!

:dragon:
Unread 11-30-2004, 10:18 AM

Thank goodness it isn't a tumor. Please let us know how the massage felt this afternoon!
Good luck!
Unread 11-30-2004, 12:14 PM

I'm still having pain from adhesions (or so they say ) I have an appt for a second opinion with another ob/gyn (already seen urologist after seeing the surgeon who performed my hyst.) so I'm at a loss at to my pain. i think I've had 4-5 days with little or no pain since july 4th. i hope this dr can give me some alternatives like pelvic massage, whatever that is...let me know if it works. i went shopping for 2 hrs and was about to die the next 2 days, ruined thanksgiving holidays, i just knew I'd be all rested up - ( not so, but i hate to complain...let us know how things go!
Unread 11-30-2004, 04:36 PM

(((LynnMary)))
That is good news! No tumors! I have heard of massage therapy helping to break up adhesions. I think it's worth it to try non-surgical intervention because as you know, more surgery usually equals more adhesions, especially if they've returned this quickly! Thru all the surgeries I've had, so far the most relief I've found as been thru acupuncture. You're in my ers.
Unread 11-30-2004, 04:59 PM

I had my first pelvic massage therapy today. The therapist did manual massage of the area where my pain is most severe. She also massaged all the other scar areas on my abdomen. I was also given ultrasound massage and electrical stimulation. I was there about 2 hours. I am quite sore tonight (as I expected to be). My heating pad is going to be my buddy for the evening.

I am really hoping that after a few weeks I have some improvement - anything non-surgical is always better.

(((Kim)))
I just received a notice from my insurance company that they will begin covering acupuncture treatment beginning in January - that is good to know because it could be another treatment for me to consider.

Unread 11-30-2004, 05:14 PM

Hi Lynn,
It sounds like your doctor is excellent.
I know everyone is different, but my sister had a similar problem -- an "ovarian cyst" on an ovary that was removed a year earlier!

She didn't have to have more surgery. Her doctor took her off estrogen and drained the cyst. The pain went away.

She now feels great, and is 100% pain free after 5 years!

I hope this bend in the road for you has a happy, pain free ending.

Take care,
Eileen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register