post-op 1 week - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op 1 week post-op 1 week

Unread 11-28-2004, 09:12 PM
post-op 1 week

I have to accept that my life style HAS to change until my doctor gives me the go ahead!!

Here I am with 3 horses that need trainng and I am in NO condition to be getting on any one of them !! I will miss out on training my own 2 y/o filly which is a big disappointment for me as I have always felt that it is a critical bond between a horse and rider, especially during the shows. (I'll get over it!!!)

Right now I am so concerned with healing and recovering properly so I can actually return to my equestrian lifestyle this spring/summer. As my doctor and other ladies have said here, we only have one opportunity to heal without complications and that time is now. I fully intend to do just that so I can enjoy the rest of my life without pain.

So, as I type we are making preparations for 2 of my horses to be sent off to a very good/capable friend who will be training them for the next 4 months.

When my "I B Two Eyed Jackie" returns I will be ready !!!!! ohhh so ready!

This is all temporary, a very short time in our lives. After the healing journey is over we have the rest of our lives to live out our dreams, exercise, walk our dogs and, ride horses.

The best part of all is: We'll be healthy!!!

Best wishes to all of my healing sisters,

Char
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2004, 10:01 PM
post-op 1 week

I feel almost as well as she does... Its been 1 week today and I feel great. I had a TVH w/ A&P repair. I haven't had any meds since last Friday(that was only because I went shopping) and don't think I will need them again. I find it hard to just sit still while my 2 year old runs wild. Hubby is deployed so I dont have many options. I have learned I cant sit still for any length of time because of the stitches in my bottom... Can anyone tell me if these things should be coming out this soon? I haven't found that on a post yet.
I agree with these ladies... no gazelle... that would be pushing it waaayyy too far!!
Unread 11-29-2004, 10:18 PM
post-op 1 week

I had surgery on monday 11/22 and due to some complications was kept in the hospital until Friday. Saturday was slow, I slept most of the day. I slept Sunday afternoon and I totally slept through monday. I was awake part of today. I'm hoping for some energy tomorrow since at this moment I'm feeling well enough to sit up to the computer.

My pain is being fairly controlled with the meds. I still am sporting a drain, which I hope they'll remove tomorrow. I am so unsteady on my feet, I'm using a walker to get around the house. I can't imagine walking my dog, cleaning house, or even watching tv for an entire half hour.

You all are making me wonder what's wrong with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2004, 10:21 PM
post-op 1 week

Eubbie:

There is nothing wrong with you. You are a normal

I, too, was very unsteady for a while, and just going to the bathroom was a huge chore, let alone do anything else.

Rest and drink lots of water and take your meds as you need them. Relax and enjoy (for lack of a better word!) this recovery time. You only have one chance to heal well...take advantage of it. Sleep when you need to.

:dragon:
Unread 11-30-2004, 05:31 AM
post-op 1 week

Hi Eubbie,
just wanted so say welcome back - take it slow & be good to yourself - each day is a step. Glad to hear you're home now.
Unread 11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
I had mine a week ago, too!

I'm one week today....came home on Thanksgiving and I really do feel great {PVH w/bladder sling)...I just today was able to void on my own (yea! the catheter is really gone!)...and it's a good thing; different, but very good. I had a problem with stress incontinence...today the stream is a bit narrower, but that may still be due to swelling. At any rate, the only pain I've felt since last Saturday is a one-sided cramp in my back when I've bent over a bit much, or tried to do too much. Does anyone know why it would be on the one side only? It's easily handled by a heating pad and an ibuprofen....whoever posted about insomnia is right....rest is good, naps just don't work for me; I won't sleep at night if I nap and that's not a good thing! If I'm still charged when it's bedtime, I have been taking an antihistamine...that's enough to help me sleep well...to all of you still "in waiting"....it's OK to go through, and it's definitely good to be done!!

Many hugs,
Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register