I miss my bathtub! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I miss my bathtub! I miss my bathtub!

Unread 11-28-2004, 09:03 AM
I miss my bathtub!

I hear youins. The nurse at the castle told me one week. I double checked with my dr and she said 4 - 6 weeks. I'm a bath person. The moist heat really helps my arthritis, which is really flared right now due to not being able to take my arthritis meds until 2 wks post op if I'm healing good.

I guess the things I miss the most is baths, driving and of course sex!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2004, 09:22 AM
All I want for Christmas!

Dear Santa....do you think that would work? I'll have to read both Drs. lists on this one, but I'll be 3 weeks postop on Tues. and the steristrips are still on, but there's that darn vaginal stitching, which I bet means 6 weeks!!!

My lower back would be so much happier in a warm tub!!! I am going to ask about pelvic tilts and other stretches tomorrow....maybe that will get me through.

On the the other hand, no infections, etc. and I actually slept last night for the first time!!!! Definitely grateful for that... Just counted and six weeks will be right before Christmas. Hope that there is a Santa for Hystersisters! Still most grateful for this site and all of you.

Unread 11-28-2004, 11:16 AM
I miss my bathtub!

I'm with all of you...the sex can wait, but give me a bath!!!! I am a total tub person, I ususally take 2 or 3 a day!!! It has been torture not taking one. I'll catch myself thinking "wow a nice hot bath would feel really good right now" and then I remember :cry:

I am hoping that my four week appt. will give me the go-ahead. My gen surgeon has already given me the OK, but I think he forgets about the inside stitches.

I am glad to know there are other bath-dependant sisters out there I can commisserate with....

Erin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2004, 01:44 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I had a TVH, and at my 6 week check up, my doctor said 4 more weeks until I see her again, and no baths, swimming or water aerobics until then. My appointment is this coming Tues. and I certainly hope that she will clear me for all water activities at that time. I had a nasty fall yesterday in the shower at my son's home while standing on one of the "nonslip" shower mats. Well, my feet didn't slip, but the mat did, and then next thing I knew, I was falling. Thankfully, I'm only bruised, but I did give myself and everyone else a good scare. My DH said, "tell your doctor that you wouldn't have fallen if you could take a bath instead". Be careful my sisters!
Unread 11-28-2004, 02:14 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I miss my bathtub so much!!!! I am 16 days post op today - had a TVH (I think that is the correct abbreviation - I'm new here!). Anyway, my post-op orders said showers only for 6 weeks; I called my dr. this past week and asked about it and the nurse told me that in the GYN World they NEVER recommend tub baths because of the bacteria risks (UTI, etc.). OK, yeah, whatever - when did you say I could take a bath? Ha ha! She told me I could soak in the hot water in my tub, just don't bathe, shave, etc., and only stay in there a few minutes. She thought it would help with my tummy problems (bad gas). I tried it and once I got in I didn't want to get out EVER! I missed having bubble bath and actually getting to use soap before I got out, but it was still pretty nice. Hope I didn't do anything wrong - hubby is worried I should have waited......
Unread 11-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I miss my bathtub!

Ok maybe I am just lucky or maybe my OB is crazy, I never had to wait to take a bath. I had staples and everything and my OB said go ahead. So the day I was released from the castle I was was home taking a bath. My staples still came out easily and my steri-strips stayed on a week just like they were suppose to. So I really don't know what to say except I hope your Dr. lets you take a bath.

Terri
Unread 11-28-2004, 09:28 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I am right there with ya! I just told my DH today as I got in the shower that I hate showers. I love laying in the tub and reading a book. I am 5 days post op but I would love to go for a long soak.
Sherri
Unread 11-28-2004, 10:03 PM
I miss my bathtub!

i am missing the soaking and book reading as well. have my first post-op visit this friday and going to see what the dr says i pray that she lets me have that back at least since i cant have my hubby poor guy
Unread 11-29-2004, 12:05 AM
I miss my bathtub!

My six week check up is Dec. 1. I can't wait. I just hope that he tells me that everything is healed and that I can soak in the tub. My Birthday was the 27th and one of my best friends bought me a spa kit, just can't wait to use it.
Unread 12-03-2004, 03:00 PM
I miss my bathtub!

Hello bathing beauties in waiting!

Just wanted to let you know that I had my 4 week post op appt. today and I got the green light for the tub. Hip hip hooray!!! Have to wait 2 more for my husband, but who cares I can take a nice hot bath. Actually I am on my way right now to take a nice, long hot bath.

Be patient you too will be reunited with your tub again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register