I miss my bathtub! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I miss my bathtub! I miss my bathtub!

Unread 12-03-2004, 03:28 PM
I miss my bathtub!

Ok I think I need to re read my post op list of instructions, I dont remember there being anything about having a bath. But reading this thread makes me think its off my agenda for some time at least.

I havent had one because I am too scared of getting in and out. and was wondering when it would be safe. I'm going crazy without a long hot soapy soak!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially being so cooped up and not being able to go out, baths are a great boredom reliever.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 03:38 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I got my tub back at 2 weeks. Wonder why everyone's "tub-time" is so varied...
Unread 12-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I just got the ok from my dr since the stitches are out YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I miss my bathtub!

got the okay for the bath. Loved it, always got the green light for sex, oh my goodness. Forgotten how good they both were!!!LOL
Unread 12-03-2004, 10:38 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I took a nice, hot bath tonight (3 weeks post-op today!). Didn't call my dr. and ask (shame on me!) but I think I'll be OK since the nurse told me before that I could soak in the hot water for a short time. I feel so much better now!! Today was a rough day and I had to take a Vicodin, which I haven't had to do in 2 weeks, so the bath was just what I needed!
Unread 12-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I miss my bathtub!

Got my 5 week check and was cleared to have my first bath.
It was wonderful!! Gheesh.....I was in there relaxing and making funny oohing sounds, I sounded just like the lady on the Herbal Essence Shampoo commercial...LOL
Only one problem, the water gets cold tooooo fast! So I had to refill a couple of times...I was wrinkly and waterlogged but boy, did I enjoy it.
Well, off to have another one soon, and I'm sure you will all enjoy your first bath as much as I have.
persiankatz
Unread 12-04-2004, 02:24 AM
I miss my bathtub!

I am confused i have had a TAH on 15th November and I have had two baths not with the jets on.
Why cant we have baths???
The only difference I have found is that I have very low blood pressure and I must take it easy afterwards.

Barb
Unread 12-04-2004, 08:31 AM
I miss my bathtub!

Quote:
Originally posted by bhugill
The only difference I have found is that I have very low blood pressure and I must take it easy afterwards.

Barb
Barb, you also need to make sure that your water is not hot because that will lower your blood pressure too and you could pass out trying to get out of the tub...please be careful. I wouldn't take a bath without someone home.
Unread 12-04-2004, 08:32 AM
I miss my bathtub!

Quote:
Originally posted by persiankatz
Got my 5 week check and was cleared to have my first bath.
It was wonderful!! Gheesh.....I was in there relaxing and making funny oohing sounds, I sounded just like the lady on the Herbal Essence Shampoo commercial...LOL
persiankatz

DH was reading over my shoulder (he is so nosy ) and he laughed so hard at this part of your post, he said he had;'t heard noises like that in a long time..he is such a weenie
Unread 12-04-2004, 01:17 PM
I miss my bathtub!

I was cleared at my six week appt. on Dec.2 for the bath. I absoulutely hate taking showers. I soaked in the tub for a long long time and read a book it was great. I just kept counting down the days and it came very fast, hang in there, soaking day will come soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register