2 weeks post op-almost | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post op-almost 2 weeks post op-almost

Unread 11-29-2004, 06:29 PM
2 weeks post op-almost

Hey out there. I had surgery (TAH w/ BSO) on 11/18/04...I'm 10 days out. Feeling fairly well--not on any pain meds--get my stitches out tomorrow. One nap a day.

I would love to start a thread with those 2-3 post op. Sometimes I feel very restless, want to be very active at home...maybe take a walk...but then I also worry about overdoing and re-injuring myself. Caught between a rock and hard place.

Any wisdom out there...how's it going with you?

Mary Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
2 weeks post op-almost

I'll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow...i've felt wonderful since i've gotten home from the hospital...no pain meds at all...i had a TVH leaving ovaries...i have been trying to abide by the "rules" set by my doc (no lifting, no stairs, etc) but i feel like i'm ready to get back to normal living....also, i am curious as to how others are doing .........thinking i healed so quickly because of my age...just a thought
Unread 11-29-2004, 06:57 PM
walk-walk-walk

Unless your doc said differently, you could be walking a lot everyday-as much as you want. Unless you fall down you shouldn't hurt yourself walking. They have us up and walking in the hospital the day of surgery. I did short walks and worked up to longer ones as I felt more energy and capable.

I walked tons from the first after surgery. I walked blocks, up and down the street. Of course if it is slippery now you should find an indoor walking place. I did short walks several times during the day and had excellent recovery-was cleared for golfing at the 4 week post op, and did golf, swim, etc at that point.

Here's to a healthy and happy recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2004, 08:30 PM
2 weeks post op-almost

I had my TVH on 11/18 and feel great. Been getting back into the groove slowly. Going back to work tomorrow and 2 week check up is on wednesday. I'm going to miss being waited on!
Unread 11-29-2004, 10:12 PM
2 weeks post op-almost

almost 3 weeks post op. i know the rock and the hard place! ready to get back to normal. christmas comming soon want to be shopping. psss. dont tell! went after thanksgiving day shopping and that was a dumb move! 400 people in walmart @6am nowhere to sit, getting bumped and when i got home BIG swelliebelly! listen to the DR. they went to school 8 years for something!!!!! i to get back to normal soon!!!!
Unread 11-30-2004, 08:28 AM
2 weeks post op-almost

I feel like I fall somewhere in the middle of this group. I too am closing in on 2 week post-op. I walk outside three times a day I walk around the block. Bending really hurts so try to avoid it. I wash dishes by hand - but in no way could I think of going back to work. Sitting up straight is still quite painful for me. And I feel expecially prone to being cold. I had some severe low blood pressure issues after surgery and though they are not as severe now, they seem to be pursisting.

Good luck to all you 2 weekers!!!!
Unread 11-30-2004, 08:47 AM
2 weeks post op-almost

I am 2.5 weeks post-op. I feel pretty good, no pain meds at all, I have some sleep issues but so far not that big of a problem. The problem is, I think I feel so good i tend to do things I am not supposed to..like drive and shop and vacuum..but I sure pay for it the next day. I was out christmas shopping all day yesterday and today I have some cramping and a slight discharge. I try to walk as much as I can and use the Swelly Belly Band at night to ease the itching and swelling. So I just have to learn to take it easy and R E L A X!!!
Unread 11-30-2004, 08:49 AM
2 weeks post op-almost

I also had my surgery on 11/18 (TAH). I have been feeling pretty good too. Very restless and bored. My DH had all the laundry by the washer ready to go the other day so I started a load to help him out. I was reprimanded mightily! He has been great though, waiting on me like I'm the only one on earth.

I get my stitches out on Thursday. I have a little red place on one side that I'm going to call about today. I am hoping a little neosporin will do the trick.

My biggest problem is that I've been having trouble sleeping. I've read quite a bit about that on here. Last night I took some cough medicine with codeine that I had. Still didn't go to sleep until 1 (that beats 3:30 the night before), but I did sleep better.

Take Care!
Unread 11-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Three Weeks on . . . .

Ladies, good afternoon,

I had a TAH on 10 November and have been home for 2 weeks now. No painkillers but lots of TLC for 2 weeks. Have just come back from 2 hours of Christmas shopping! Think I have overdone it today. Went for a 40 mins walk with friends and DH on Saturday with 3 dogs! I didn't take the leash!

I also feel cold during the day and boiling hot at night!

Am concerned about my vertical 15cm wound, as part of it hasn't healed that well yet. They took the stitches out on Day 5, 10 minutes before I left hospital, which I think was a bit too early?

Anyway, no more moaning from me; my experience hasn't been as bad as I first imagined it might be. My Consultant was wonderful, although my knee was accidently badly burnt during my op! It is all over now, I am putting it behind me, and after much agonising, my biopsy has come back all clear!

Chin up girls! Keep your feet up and whilst you are recovering ignore the speed limit!

Louise
Unread 11-30-2004, 11:17 AM
2 1/2 weeks here!

And I think I'm doing pretty well. Haven't driven yet, but DH took me out to do a LITTLE BIT of shopping the other night, and we went to dinner. That tuckered me out! I have low blood pressure issues as well, AND I'm anemic! Not doing any housework other than putting a couple of dishes in the dishwasher and maybe a load of clothes in the washer/dryer. I get a little bored - especially during the day when I'm home by myself (so I just do online Christmas shopping!). The worst part for me has been the gastrointestinal problems - bad gas pains and "distress" type BM's. Gas X helps. And I miss my bathtub - got in on that thread earlier this week! I just don't want to do anything to mess up my healing/recovery - everyone told me I'd feel like a new woman after my surgery and I am sure ready for that because before my surgery I felt like a half-dead woman! Good luck to all the 2-3 weekers - I'm right there with ya!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register