12 Weeks Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 Weeks Today 12 Weeks Today

Unread 11-30-2004, 05:57 AM
12 Weeks Today

I'm 12 weeks post op today and feeling pretty good. Swelly belly is finally starting to go away more. I have been trying to walk as much as I can, and am starting a Dance Fitness class tonight. How is everyone else at 12 weeks feeling?

TAH on 9/7, kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 06:27 AM
12 Weeks Today

I am feeliing OK, I guess. Not quite like I used to. I am taking all kinds of herbs and vitamins trying to battle this acne, anxiety, and 10 pound weight gain. I grow tired usually around 1:30-2pm -seeming to run out of energy.

Sex is painful and I am trying to figure out the deal with that.

It's good to be alive though.
Unread 11-30-2004, 07:07 AM
12 Weeks Today

Hi ladies,
I am right there with you at 12 weeks. I am amazed at how much better I feel now than before my surgery. I am thanking God I finally had this done.

I am now able to do pretty much what I want with the exception of lifting too much or moving furniture. I tried that one and it didn't work out too well for me so I am waiting a while. I am waiting patiently for my dh to bring the tree in too.

I will add that I also have a little bit of discomfort with sex. There is one spot that still seems to be kind of raw or something. I asked the dr about it and he said if it does't heal they might have to silver nitrate it,but I have been trying to give it time. I also kind of ache for a while after, but generally speaking it has been just fine!

Shesa,have you asked your dr about what you are dealing with?
It sounds like you could be having hormonal issues. Are you taking anything? Have you asked about the painful sex too?
I'm sorry you aren't feeling better. You might want to check out the hormone jungle if you haven't. I hope all this will get better for you soon.

I look forward to hearing from more of my old, Sept. buddies .
Blessings, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 08:32 AM
Hard to believe...

Yes, I am 12 weeks today also! My swelly belly is less, except when I put in a long day, but no where near as bad as it used to be. Nothing is sore or hurts. My energy is very high. I've finally got my patch adjusted to a dosage that feels comfortable. All in all, I'd say I'm doing pretty well!

Right now I'm home with the flu as I could not get a flu shot! Might as well get it over with now...

Miss talking to you guys like in the "recovery days"...

Deb

Unread 11-30-2004, 11:40 AM
12 Weeks Today

Precious Pearl, I actually put in a call to my doctor today to make an appointment to discuss just this.

I will let you all know how it works out.

Thanks ladies.
Unread 11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
12 Weeks Today

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. The vivelle dot seems to be working. We couldn't have sex until week 10 due to infection and healing cuff. The first time was good except for DH enduring some stitches. The next couple of times were a little more uncomfortable (pressure) and the stitches are still a problem. I am calling the dr for her opinion. I am doing all the normal stuff but am tired by late afternoon. I am also using premarin cream twice a week for vaginal atrophy. Anyone else dealing with that? Take care my sisters.
Meg
Unread 11-30-2004, 01:08 PM
12 Weeks Today

Hi Sisters,
12 weeks Friday and life is good , everything is working as it should and my health has improved 1000% , I wouldn't have believed I could have so much energy at 38 I feel like a teenager again ,continuing to be the pampered princess and taking care of myself ,exercising 4 X a week , eating healthy food and getting lots of rest , I think it is so easy to slip back into old habits of letting ourselves get run down , hopefully I can lose some more weight and improve my chances of continued good health.
It's good to hear from all the September sisters , we all spent so much time here supporting and comforting each other ,we share a special bond and I won't forget you . I still despite having no problems still come back most days to check up and post , suppose I should think about withdrawing , but this is such a great and positive place to be.
Stay Happy and Healthy Sisters...I wish the best for each and every one of you!!!

Wendygai
Unread 11-30-2004, 03:17 PM
12 Weeks Today

Meg67:

What is a vivelle dot and vaginal atrophy?
Unread 11-30-2004, 06:08 PM
12 Weeks Today

Hi Shesa,

Vaginal atrophy sometimes comes with menopause as the result of declining hormone levels. The tissues of the vagina become thinner and drier.
The vivelle dot is a form of HRT. It is an estrogen patch you wear on your skin.
So much to learn.

Hugs, Rita
Unread 11-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Dont know what to do? Hormones

Hi!, To all I had a total hysterectomy on 9-21-04 and my doctor has gave me 5 different types of hormone to try after yesterday my stomach was swollen so much that I went to him to day and all he did was give me 2 more different hormone to try and said let him know, Im tried I dont sleep Ive been on Wellbutrin for about 2 years for depression Ive gained 7 lbs. Ive tried all the hormones and to tell you the truth I dont even have any problems with hot flashes just my swollen stomach weight gain, and sleepless nights any one out there that has any advice please help I really dont want to start the new pills he gave me, I just feel hopeless. And want to feel better. Thanks and good luck to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register