Is a symptom? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is a symptom? Is a symptom?

Unread 11-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Is a symptom?

Hello everyone-I am scheduled for TAH/BSO with biopsy on Dec 21st. In the last week I have felt a pinching under my ribs and at times feel short of breath (I have a large tumour on right side and a uterus full of fibroids) The pinching is getting uncomfortable. I called the dr but he was in surgery-the nurse asked me if I was taking anything and I said Tylenol-she said that's not helpful and to take up to 3 advil in four hours-and if I'm still having pain to call tomorrow--Well that upset my stomach!-Now what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Is a symptom?

Hi!

Did you take it on an empty stomach? Did you take it with a full glass of water? Sometimes empty stomach and not enough water can cause stomach upset.

If you are really uncomfortable and have pain, I would call the doc back and have the nurse relay the message about how you are feeling when he comes out of surgery.

You shouldn't have to suffer another whole day of pain.

Stay Well - God Bless
Joanne

PS - Did you ever get the pm I sent? I tried to resend it since you didn't get it the first time.
Unread 11-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Is a symptom?

Hi Joanne-I did get your pm and replied (did you get that?)-I took the advil on a full stomach (after breakfast) and with water-In the last week the pinching under my ribs has become consistant--It's 3 weeks to my surgery and I'm thinking if it's getting like this now-what's it going to be in 3 weeks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Is a symptom?

Hi Sparkley:

I wasn't sure you received the pm since I didn't get a reply.

After reading your post on the "regret or not thread", it sounds like you are going through something different than I did.

I am so sorry that you are in pain and have to deal with the worry of what the mass is. I know it's scary!

Is there any possibility that they could push your surgery date up?

I had cancelled my orginal surgery that was scheduled on 10/5. When I called the office the first week in November to reschedule they said they could not do it before January. I told them that was unacceptable and asked it they wanted to be responsible if my cyst was not benign.

I guess they spoke with the doctor and my surgery was set for November 16.

I guess what I mean is that you should be a priority since you might have a malignant growth and are in pain.

Maybe you could be pleasantly persistant with the office staff. Be nice, but let them know how scared you are about the mass and that you are really in a lot of pain. This might prompt them to talk to the doc and maybe delay someone else who is less of a priority to get you in earlier. Remember, the squeakiest wheel....

Please let me know how you're doing.

Best Wishes
God Bless
Joanne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register